PDA

View Full Version : Golf Plus glove box removal

Big John
11-08-2008, 07:48 PM
Hi, I am new to this Forum so please excuse me if I do not explain very well.

I have just bought a new Golf Plus Sport Auto which I have to say is the Bees Nees and exceeds my expectations. :D
I have a Nokia CK-7W which I removed from my old car and now wish to install into the Plus. I have read all the previous write ups on your forum and have managed to remove the radio etc, found the wires that need to be connected to the Ck-7W but I can not find any where to place/hide the control box. There is no room behind the radio and the only place I can see is behind the glove box.
I have removed the 6 Torx screws and the glove box seems to come away from the centre console side but is held tight on the door side.
I am nervous to pull in case it breaks something. For example there is the "cooling" gizmo that must be attached to a pipe and what is holding the side next to the door. Has any one taken it out and if so do I just pull harder ?:1zhelp:

kenney
11-08-2008, 08:39 PM
Hi There are 7 screws holding the glove compartment

Big John
11-08-2008, 09:53 PM
Hi There are 7 screws holding the glove compartment
Hi Kenney, the three top and bottem of the glove box I can see, where is the 7th located ?

kenney
12-08-2008, 09:40 AM
Send your e-mail address and i will send you the diagram

Big John
12-08-2008, 12:39 PM
Hi Kenney, thanks for your help. I have had an other look and can not find the 7th screw. Hopefully your diagram will help. johnpaine@metronet.co.uk

Many thanks

John

Frelon
17-08-2008, 02:15 PM
Big John

The control box can be secured under the metal bracket that sits below the radio. Plenty of room there.

Big John
17-08-2008, 05:52 PM
Hi Frelon, yes thanks very much, having looked now at every posibility and taken the radio out again I am going to place the Nokia unit as you say under the radio. Many thanks.