PDA

View Full Version : Build week to delivery?

mkc
11-08-2008, 11:00 AM
Hi all,
Those that have their cars, please can you tell me how long it took from Build Week to have the car delivered to the dealer or your home.

My waiting time is almost up! Build week 31 end of July/first few days of August! It will be delivered in September as a 58 but wondered if it would be in the UK in time for a first few days of September or if I would have to wait another few weeks.
Thanks

hoju99
11-08-2008, 11:16 AM
mine had a build week of 27 and has been at the dealers for 3 weeks now for a 1st Sept pickup

mkc
11-08-2008, 11:48 AM
Thank you. Thats about 4 weeks then, so should still be on for 1st week of September delivery

JBlues
11-08-2008, 11:52 AM
Mine is basically the same as Hoju. Mine was build week 26 and has been sat at Glasgow Audi for nearly a month!

mkc
11-08-2008, 11:54 AM
Probably having a build up of cars around the dealers then waiting for September delivery. So when September comes they will probably allow us to pick them up pretty quickly. Hope they are not all sat outside in this bad weather with bird poo and leaves stuck to the body work!

Plife
11-08-2008, 12:37 PM
Probably having a build up of cars around the dealers then waiting for September delivery. So when September comes they will probably allow us to pick them up pretty quickly. Hope they are not all sat outside in this bad weather with bird poo and leaves stuck to the body work!
That would concern me having it sitting round outside gathering dirt.....and then they wash it for you and leave you with a nice set of swirl marks all over the car!

mkc
11-08-2008, 12:45 PM
Thats why Ill ask them not to prep the car and Ill give mine the once over with SnowFoam prior to a proper polish by myself!

_steve
11-08-2008, 12:53 PM
the cars have a lot of plastic covering the panels - certainly the roof and boot, and the wings get a shrink wrap like covering of white plastic to protect the paint - the bumpers get blue foam protectors, and anything chrome/shiny gets plastic covering to prevent scratches. These should only be removed when the car is PDI'd and made ready for you - probably a day or two before the agreed handover date.

The inside gets lots of protection too - the front seats get special covers that look better made than the ones you could buy from halfords, and the door cars get cardboard protection to stop scuffs from delivery drivers feet.

My car arrived about a week ago, been to see it, and i really shouldn't have, as i now want it on the driveway, not in the compound at the back of the dealers, but we've decided to be patient and wait for a 58 plate, so collection is organised for monday morning on the 1st september - who want to bet i'll be there at 8am waiting for them to open up :) LOL

The car has been built to the right spec, but it was still in delivery mode, so no chance of playing with the toys, plus the transport chocks were still on, so it was looking like an A4 allroad :) the wheels looked gorgeous - i think the 19" size really suits the saloon.

mkc
11-08-2008, 01:13 PM
Looks like there will be a number of us with 58 plates in the first few days of September. We should create a virtual garage with all the photos!

hoju99
11-08-2008, 02:50 PM
Looks like there will be a number of us with 58 plates in the first few days of September. We should create a virtual garage with all the photos!

Will do ;)

2.7 S-line
11-08-2008, 03:00 PM
my build week is this week - yipee !

dealer seems confident the car will arrive for 1st sept delivery - three weeks after build date , time will tell if this is accurate or not....

though to be fair they were spot on with the expected confirmation and build dates

they were under the impression that the large volume of uk orders at this time of year - for sept reg change - speeds up the order/delivery times to the UK significantly

B6Andy101
12-08-2008, 10:31 AM
I won't be able to join your 1/9/08 club. Build date 2/9/08 as signature :(

awtaylor
12-08-2008, 08:29 PM
My order was placed on 4th July, mine should be being built now too, but my dealer was setting my expectation of 4 weeks from build to delivery. Hope yours is right!

kodkod.84
12-08-2008, 08:35 PM
I'm jealous of you future B8 owners :biglaugh:

I remember when my first Audi A4 Avant B7 was rolled off the car transporter at work- I hadn't been so excited since Christmas Day 1994 (when I got my Scalextric)

ryan427
12-08-2008, 09:39 PM
I was given a build week of 31 and received a call today from the dealer to say my car's arrived !

Gonna wait until 4th September to pick as that's my birthday !

Ryan

mkc
12-08-2008, 09:52 PM
That sounds great. Im also build 31 (thats the last I heard from them) so I very much suspect Ill get it in September now.

gnokleby
14-08-2008, 01:02 PM
Ordered my A4 Avant 2.0TFSI 180bhp S-Line this week. It is confirmed for delivery in week 42 (13-17 oct).

garybuk
21-08-2008, 10:04 AM
I called my dealer on Friday last week and they said it's built and awaiting shipment to the UK :D

Anyone know how long that usually takes?

After the dealer gets its hands on it, i presume the Tax/Registration/PDI takes another week or so?

hoju99
21-08-2008, 10:15 AM
You hoping for a Sept 1st pickup?

garybuk
21-08-2008, 10:21 AM
You hoping for a Sept 1st pickup?

i just want it now! im so impatient i want my Audi now :Blush:

awtaylor
21-08-2008, 10:48 AM
What was your build week, 33?

mkc
21-08-2008, 12:04 PM
My build week was 31, which was the last week of July/first few days of August. On the 16th of August I received a letter from the lease company/via my employer which included my plate number (58reg) on the service card! So, within three weeks it had been built shipped, delivered and registered by the dealer.

On Monday of this week I got a call from the dealer asking me when I wanted it delivered. When would be suitable she asked, would the morning of the 1st of September be ok or later in the week? I bit her head off and said of course it blooming would be ok on the 1st September. Ill get a 58 reg motor turn up outside my house on the day that they become available. So, it only took about 3 weeks for them to build and ship it. Dealer has had mine for a few weeks but thats only because of the plate change and the lease company wants it to be a 58 to help resale value.:beerchug: last week to go!:beerchug:

garybuk
21-08-2008, 01:29 PM
lucky so and so :Blush:

i got the confirmation on the 14th July 2008 trying to get the build date off my dealer (Slough Audi)

hoju99
21-08-2008, 01:43 PM
should be a few floating around on the 1st of Sept on 58 plates then :biglaugh:

2.7 S-line
26-08-2008, 11:28 AM
Dealership just rang to say my cars has arrived - they've had it since last thursday but i kept missing their calls !

arranged a 2pm collection on 1st Sept :biglaugh:

now counting the milliseconds !

very impressed at how quickly was built and shipped - build week was 11th august arrived at dealership two and a half weeks later :beerchug:

should also say very impressed with exeter audi - all the estimated dates given were spot on 10/10 (also very friendly to deal with)

now waiting for audi insurance to ring me back to arrange my free 7 day cover note so they can tax my car

garybuk
26-08-2008, 11:49 AM
Dealership just rang to say my cars has arrived - they've had it since last thursday but i kept missing their calls !

now counting the milliseconds !

very impressed at how quickly was built and shipped - build week was 11th august arrived at dealership two and a half weeks later :beerchug:

should also say very impressed with exeter audi - all the estimated dates given were spot on 10/10 (also very friendly to deal with)

now waiting for audi insurance to ring me back to arrange my free 7 day cover note so they can tax my car

Damn you and your shiny new audi!! haha joking..... congrats, i'm still waiting on a call about mine, i was thinking of calling them end of this week to see where my baby is :)

mkc
26-08-2008, 12:20 PM

Thats three of us for the 1st of September then! I have no idea what time mine will arrive, its coming from Swindon to Bristol. Ill set the alarm for 6am, not that Ill be getting much sleep

WhiteHartMart
26-08-2008, 12:24 PM
Congrats guys - would like to say I'll be joining ya on the 1st, but I won't be .................I've got to wait until the 3rd :D

JohnH99
26-08-2008, 02:49 PM

Exeter Audi? so does that mean another East Devon 2.7 B8 on the road soon? Although mine came from Taunton it's part of the same group. Incidentally, its in there at the moment having the leather problem looked into as well as the clunking gearbox.

kodkod.84
26-08-2008, 03:27 PM
I hope Audi give me a B8 loan car when I take my B7 in for a service.

I want to see what I'm missing out on! :D

2.7 S-line
26-08-2008, 04:46 PM
Exeter Audi? so does that mean another East Devon 2.7 B8 on the road soon? Although mine came from Taunton it's part of the same group. Incidentally, its in there at the moment having the leather problem looked into as well as the clunking gearbox.

very nearly went to taunton as i live near taunton now, but as i have history with exeter went there instead

haven't seen a 2.7 b8 on the road yet - i'll keep an eye out for you ! :D

garybuk
27-08-2008, 12:11 AM
the dealer called me today to arrange delivery, unfortunately i couldn't take the call though, so tomorrow will call them and arrange for me to pick up ASAP :D

*** Update ***

Excellent it's being delivered on the 4th September from Oxford

2.7 S-line
27-08-2008, 09:09 PM
went to see my car at the dealers today, torture - hope they wipe off all the drool before i collect it !

Neerazan
27-08-2008, 10:24 PM
Admittedly, I have an A5 on the way rather than an A4, but I have a build 'month' of October for delivery any time from the start of November to the start of January 09.

I didn't want to start a new thread in the A5 forums when there is a perfectly serviceable thread going here.

Obviously, I want this car as early as possible but does the build time and delivery bear much relation to the extras within the vehicle, please? Or is it purely based on the model?

2.7 S-line
28-08-2008, 07:49 AM
in my experience number of extras has no bearing on lead time - only thing that can speed things up is if a dealer has ordered a car as a demo model or to make up sales figures during a slow patch which you are able to take as "your" new car - would depend if car had be confirmed - if it had would not be able to change colours or options but if what you want is already in the system by chance... you could get lucky - try ringing a few dealers

when i bought my car i was offered cars that could be delivered within a week or two if i was wanting a 2.0 tdi and was not fussed on colour etc - i was !

kodkod.84
28-08-2008, 08:01 AM
when i bought my car i was offered cars that could be delivered within a week or two if i was wanting a 2.0 tdi and was not fussed on colour etc - i was !

Exactly- surely the most fun part of getting a new car is speccing it up to your own personal taste, with all the gadgets.

Incidently if anyone is in Norwich with a B8 and wants to take me for a spin- get in touch as I've only sat in one stationary at the dealers. :biglaugh:

B6Andy101
02-09-2008, 07:09 PM
Delivery has been brought forward to 5th September from 15th September.

:D:approve::D:approve::D

bluestar_ale
02-09-2008, 07:30 PM
Delivery has been brought forward to 5th September from 15th September.

:D:approve::D:approve::D

Was the build date brought forward to enable delivery on the 5th ???

I was given a build date of this week for my Avant, just wondered if there are a number of cars that have been produced early?

B6Andy101
02-09-2008, 09:35 PM
I was given a build date of 2nd September for delivery on 15th September. I rang the dealer for a progress check on 1st Sept as a few on the forum have had them earlier than expected. I nearly fell over when I was told it was in stock !! With the new registrations it will take a few days to PDI & arrange a piggy back up fom London to Yorkshire.

If ever a phone call was worth making :fing02:

bluestar_ale
03-09-2008, 10:11 AM
I was given a build date of 2nd September for delivery on 15th September. I rang the dealer for a progress check on 1st Sept as a few on the forum have had them earlier than expected. I nearly fell over when I was told it was in stock !! With the new registrations it will take a few days to PDI & arrange a piggy back up fom London to Yorkshire.

If ever a phone call was worth making :fing02:

I have just spoken with the lease company - the latest update is that my car is expected into the dealer over the weekend, expecting PDI & Registration to take place next week and I'll get a call back end of next week to arrange delivery date (hopefully week commencing 15th) I had been expecting delivery in early October. :Blush::Blush::Blush:

garybuk
03-09-2008, 01:23 PM
wooo! just had a call from Slough Audi confirming the delivery time tomorrow... between 9am - 1pm but they aim to deliver it by 12:00 tomorrow, the driver will call me 30 mins before he arrives :D