PDA

View Full Version : Question Sphere Blue B8

Bhupendra Mistr
11-08-2008, 10:22 AM
Does anyone have Pictures of the B8 in Sphere Blue Metallic? I like the what I see on the configurator but as we all know this can be a bit deceiving!!!

Thanks

2.7 S-line
11-08-2008, 02:25 PM
this is gonna sound a bit mad - but i might have one in sphere blue , i'll check and post a photo if it is

its a loan car while i'm waiting for mine so i'm not sure of the colour - its a light blue/grey sorta colour but i'm not sure if its sphere or liquid blue

2.7 S-line
11-08-2008, 02:30 PM
just nipped out to check the owners handbook - has the colour as a code rather than naming it LX/5X anyone know which colour that is ?:o

Bhupendra Mistr
11-08-2008, 02:30 PM
Thanks for that, I have seen the Liquid Blue and it is very light... Look forward to seeing the Pics

Had a look in the latest brochure and the code with Sphere Blue in there is 9F . This is probably the order code.

Thanks Again

2.7 S-line
11-08-2008, 02:38 PM
this car is very light blue when in shade - looks almost grey in direct sunlight

Bhupendra Mistr
11-08-2008, 02:51 PM
Yes Probably Liquid Blue, The Sphere Blue is definitely a darker colour, Thanks for you input anyway...

mkc
11-08-2008, 07:14 PM
http://www.petrolheads.co.uk/sales/605668.htm

This claims its Sphere Blue. better in the flesh im sure!

2.7 S-line
11-08-2008, 10:56 PM
now i'm confused - the car in that link looks like the colour of the car i'm driving :confused:

BTW i'm not too keen on it personally - though choice of colour is highly subjective

Bhupendra Mistr
12-08-2008, 09:30 AM
Agreed, The car in the pictures looks a bit drab. I think its also partly a trick of the light as well.
The colour on the Configurator is much darker (which I quite like).

I guess I need to see one in the flesh.

Thanks

mkc
12-08-2008, 09:34 AM
Thats the trouble with these Metallic and Pearl effect finishes. You need to see them at different times of day and in different types of weather to ensure that make the right choice before handing over a lot of money and having to live with it for a number of years.

At least with basic Red, Black and White you know what you are getting.

I popped into my local dealer at the weekend (Mrs wants to change her A3) and they do actually have a number of new A4s on the forecourt. Im sure that you could find one in a dealer near you.

JBlues
12-08-2008, 11:21 AM
Very true.

I have an Aruba Blue Avant on order and I am regretting the colour choice
before I have even seen it in the flesh because of photo's I have seen of Aruba Blue! I quite like the look of Sphere Blue now. I do wish I had ordered Ice Silver though!

JohnH99
12-08-2008, 11:40 AM
I recently took delivery of a Deep Sea Blue 2.7 which looked stunning in the sunshine when I collected it. Now on a grey cloudy day and after a few rainy journeys it looks like a drab navy blue. Had a B6 Avant in Mauritius Blue - that would have been my first choice for the new one if they still did it.

kelvinbishop
12-08-2008, 12:04 PM
I have got a sphere blue car. It is a lot lighter than the configurator suggests and can look anything from a bright blue to almost grey depending on the light. I really like it and think it is much nicer than liguid blue.

What I did to get the best impression of the colour was to go to my dealer who had samples of all the B8 colours properly painted onto metal sheets so are fully representative of the actual colour you will get. I took my shorlisted samples around outside holding them by real cars and decided which was the best colour.

Bhupendra Mistr
12-08-2008, 12:09 PM
Excellent advise Kelvin

Thanks

kodkod.84
12-08-2008, 12:49 PM
Shame they don't do Sprint Blue and Mugello Blue as standard- those colours are lush.

mkc
12-08-2008, 01:14 PM
You can have a Sprint blue but only if you are prepared to pay the £2K for your own colour..............:zx11:

Plife
12-08-2008, 02:58 PM
You can have a Sprint blue but only if you are prepared to pay the £2K for your own colour..............:zx11:

Bit on the pricey side! I must admit the colours available are pretty poor!

MAW
16-08-2008, 11:59 AM
I have had a Sphere Blue A4 since March. Took a gamble based on photos in an autoexpress review of the A4 which I decided must be Sphere Blue (swatches in showroom werent even available at time of placing order). Colour is subdued light blue with hints of grey depending on light etc. Very happy with colour - not many others seems to have gone for it yet (have seen just one other Sphere Blue on the road since March) and no other Audi model seems to offer the colour to my knowledge, so is quite scarce.

Bhupendra Mistr
18-08-2008, 09:20 AM
Hi Thanks for that insight, It really is a trick of the light, I like to colour in the Configurator however based on the pictures posted so far I'm not sure.
If possible it would be good to see some pictures of your B8
Thanks Again