PDA

View Full Version : 3rd party warranty incl wear n tear

coolio
09-08-2008, 06:26 PM
There are a couple of 3rd party warranties out there that cover wear n tear. For example, one quote was £399 for main dealer repairs.

Does anyone have any experiences of 3rd party warranties as I'd rathe rpay this out and be covered, having just paid out a lot on a car. :1zhelp:

producedapples
12-08-2008, 11:18 PM
LOL i actually administrate 3rd part warranties :S If your only to pay £399, its likely only to be a basic coverage, things ud think or HOPE are covered wont be, wear and tear policies are normally only on cars like chrysler, but Bristol Street Garage policies cover wear and tear like new brake pads, clutch plate...things that u wear down from general normal use....are covered for only the 1st (IIRC) 6months/6k miles or may be 3months/3k miles... To be fair, id go for a platinum policy as they cover pretty much everythng bar serviceable items, ur 12v battery etc, as you'd expect to have to change things as wear and tear anyway, e.g pads, discs, clutches etc, and if I was to have a policy, knowing what i know now, Id only go platinum, and poss with Car People as they will pay the 1st hours diagnosis, where as no other policy will pay for diag...it comes out of your pocket

TimmyTim
13-08-2008, 12:45 AM
LOL i actually administrate 3rd part warranties :S If your only to pay £399, its likely only to be a basic coverage, things ud think or HOPE are covered wont be, wear and tear policies are normally only on cars like chrysler, but Bristol Street Garage policies cover wear and tear like new brake pads, clutch plate...things that u wear down from general normal use....are covered for only the 1st (IIRC) 6months/6k miles or may be 3months/3k miles... To be fair, id go for a platinum policy as they cover pretty much everythng bar serviceable items, ur 12v battery etc, as you'd expect to have to change things as wear and tear anyway, e.g pads, discs, clutches etc, and if I was to have a policy, knowing what i know now, Id only go platinum, and poss with Car People as they will pay the 1st hours diagnosis, where as no other policy will pay for diag...it comes out of your pocket

Where can you buy this "Platinum" policy from? Is it a Warranty direct policy?

:beerchug:

producedapples
13-08-2008, 08:00 AM
You can go to (if near you) car salespeople...e.g Bristol Street sell cars and their polices, Same goes for the Car People ( the one Id go for) Bristol Street cover wear and tear for 6 months but you'd still have to pay out your own pocket the 1st hours diag at however much per hour the garage charges you, and even then...theres usually a limit of lab rate per hour as to what ur policy would pay and you may have to pay the excess, il grab a car people and bristol street policy tonight and give you the addresses and tel numbers as to where you buy them from. Platiunum policies across all 3rd party warrantys are the best, but they wont cover interior trim, windscreen wiper blades, some will only cover the cat convertor, but any less than a plat...ur playin with fire.....

SEMKY
13-08-2008, 10:14 AM
Where can you buy this "Platinum" policy from? Is it a Warranty direct policy?

I have just requested a policy quote (34 quid per month for the Securecover) from Warranties Direct....after all the bad press that various warranty companies have had......just had a phone call from them...usual spiel but does cover wear and tear apparently. Anyway, have asked for all the policy documents to be sent out for a look at by my garage, and my solicitor....we shall see!:confused::confused:

producedapples
13-08-2008, 10:25 AM
Just had a word wi my senior, he said that policies like bristol street and car people are only available when u buy the car from them, becuase they can check the cars history and do a used car check b4 it goes out, but Warranty Works www.warrantyworks.co.uk you can buy a warranty online without a car check....might be worth a look, but make sure u get platinum cover!!!!

TimmyTim
15-08-2008, 09:29 PM
Just had a word wi my senior, he said that policies like bristol street and car people are only available when u buy the car from them, becuase they can check the cars history and do a used car check b4 it goes out, but Warranty Works www.warrantyworks.co.uk (http://www.warrantyworks.co.uk) you can buy a warranty online without a car check....might be worth a look, but make sure u get platinum cover!!!!

Cheers! thanks for the info... I've had a look at warranty works and it doesn't seem as good as warranty direct!... I've taken out the policy with them so I hope that it will cover allot of the parts