PDA

View Full Version : Noisy aircon compressor

alanhbirch
07-08-2008, 08:51 PM
I have a 99 lhd Beetle which we use as a holday car in France, THE AIRCON compressor has started making a rattling type of noise which stops when it is switched off. The unit still appears to chill if left running but I dont like the noise. Took it to the local VW garage who said it was not important. ANyone any knowledge of this ?

petty
09-08-2008, 06:59 AM
I have a 99 lhd Beetle which we use as a holday car in France, THE AIRCON compressor has started making a rattling type of noise which stops when it is switched off. The unit still appears to chill if left running but I dont like the noise. Took it to the local VW garage who said it was not important. ANyone any knowledge of this ?

Interior parts of your aircon system is located at the enter console. The noise produced might be from the gas of your aircon system and increases with engine speed from gas from the compressor. Just hook it up and let your mechanics solve the problem.

alanhbirch
11-08-2008, 06:17 AM
The dealers in Bergerac tell me that it is the pulley / electro magnetic cluch making the noise when it is engaged. sounds expensive but they cannot tell me if it will need a new compressor without taking the old one off.