PDA

View Full Version : ECON Button???

curryholic
22-01-2007, 09:55 AM
Hi, I'm a newbie to the world of VW ownership after just buying a '54 plate Touran 1.6 S.

There is a button on the dash that says "ECON" and the dealer told my wife what it did but not me (who drives it most!) and the manual seems to have every type of aircon except the ECON button! Can anyone tell me if the button is on is the aircon on? Or is it the other way???

Any help would be appreciated!

Ta
Dave

Fourbears
22-01-2007, 10:53 PM
If the light is off, the air con is on, if its on, the air con is off. Therefore, the air con is normally always on unless the temperature drops below 5 Celcius when it automatically turns off. The Econ light will not come on if it does. The system is designed as a semi automatic climate control in which it will maintain a set temperature but you control fan speed and air flow. Hope this helps!

curryholic
23-01-2007, 09:16 AM
Cheers for the info Fourbear... I thought that was the function but wasn't sure. Thanks again!

Cass IoW
28-01-2010, 07:55 PM
I have an 06 1.6 touran with semi auto air con. My last car's air con provided hot air even when the engine was cold straight from start-up. sort of worked the aircon in reverse like a heat pump. I cannot find any reference to this in the instruction book. Does anyone know if the touran system works in that way.