PDA

View Full Version : Some questions on B8

kaysquare
07-08-2008, 10:28 AM
Hi all, have some questions, hoping I'd get some clarification on the forum.

1. Is there a difference between the 120PS and 160PS 1.8? I mean other than the ECU detuning the engine to produce 120PS instead wrt to injectors, etc? The key issue will be reliability of the engine parts after chipping.
2. Will chipping be able to overide this, using the same s/w maps for the 160 model?
3. Can I install the Audi parking system on my own? The website/brochure does not seem to mention parking sensors as standard, and have been reading that it is now not standard, with dealers supplying after market types.
4. Is the storage pack worth it?
5. If I were to choose the keyless entry with engine start/stop as an option, how many transponders will I have? Is another key available to order?
6. Airbags - Exactly how many airbags come standard?
7. One odd thing I noticed - Audi Drive Select package for SLine is more expensive than the ADS - Active steering and ADS - Active suspension added up. Could this is a mistake?
8. Lastly, anyone has a close up picture of the SLine sports seats cloth/leather combination? Is the full leather worth it over cloth/leather?

Thanks for putting up with me and replying. I don't have access to an Audi dealer where I'm located.

tanderson
07-08-2008, 01:13 PM
Hi kaysquare,

Only one I can help you with is number 4 - I'd say no - unless you want the next on the back of the seats. The storage under the seats is not big enough to hold a TomTom (the new slimmer ones!) - only thing that I carry that I have found fits are the cables for the TomTom.

Gibbo123
07-08-2008, 03:29 PM
Not sure if these pictures give you the close-up you require of the seats. If not, let me know and I'll upload a couple over the weekend.

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=43303