PDA

View Full Version : Bora MKIV (2003) Headlight Adjustment for Europe

thud
21-01-2007, 11:28 PM
Hi Guys,

I am emigrating to Spain at the end of the week and taking my Bora TDI. Anyone know how to adjust the beam on the headlights so that the left lamp points further down and the right lamp further up to take into account driving on the other side?

Thanks.
Steve

thefoolmccool
22-01-2007, 10:11 AM
I know headlight convertors are available. These are sticky material and just sort of block the light coming out. They are stuck on the outside of the lens.

As for a more permanent job, I'm not sure the headlamps have enough adjustment to allow to change the beam this far. You might have to swap your lamp units for Euro ones. Not sure at all. If you can talk to someone that knows in your local dealership (not Likely!)

Anyway good luck in you travels!!

Eshrules
22-01-2007, 12:05 PM
Hi Guys,

I am emigrating to Spain at the end of the week and taking my Bora TDI. Anyone know how to adjust the beam on the headlights so that the left lamp points further down and the right lamp further up to take into account driving on the other side?

Thanks.
Steve

as per below, i think youll have to invest in some lamps that are speced for the country your emigrating to, but for now, you could just adjust the beem. the adjustment 'screws' are on the back of the light unit, as you look down at the back of the lights, you will see two white toothed plastic screws, they adjust your beam. id probably try and have a word with the local equivalent of a MOT station over there, ask their opinion on the matter pehaps?:drive: