PDA

View Full Version : Please Help VW Passat 02 - Gamma Headunit

mrthra
06-08-2008, 01:17 PM
Hey folks,

My Gamma head unit just stopped working when i started the car up yesterday. I turned the engine on and then pressed the power knob and nothing happened. :(

I turned on the car lights and the dash and head unit back lights all work.

I am yet to pull the unit out and check the leads but i havent done anything with it for the leads to come unplugged. Its bizzare because i wouldnt expect it to just stop working!!

VW will charge me £90 for the privlege of checking so want to avoid them like the plague.

Any ideas why it would just stop? Is it likely to be knackered? The fuses all appear ok...
Thanks in advance.

adamss24
06-08-2008, 04:05 PM
Hey folks,

My Gamma head unit just stopped working when i started the car up yesterday. I turned the engine on and then pressed the power knob and nothing happened. :(

I turned on the car lights and the dash and head unit back lights all work.

I am yet to pull the unit out and check the leads but i havent done anything with it for the leads to come unplugged. Its bizzare because i wouldnt expect it to just stop working!!

VW will charge me £90 for the privlege of checking so want to avoid them like the plague.

Any ideas why it would just stop? Is it likely to be knackered? The fuses all appear ok...
Thanks in advance.
Hi, i have a genuine vw beta stereo with code wich you can have for £25 + P&P... Cheers, Chris.

mrthra
07-08-2008, 08:26 AM
Hi, i have a genuine vw beta stereo with code wich you can have for £25 + P&P... Cheers, Chris.

Thanks Chris - i unplugged the whole unit last night and it reset. No problem now!

Cheers anyway.

JT