PDA

View Full Version : Bad fmes in car on revving up the engine with depressed clutch.

mrinal64
06-08-2008, 07:55 AM
I had bought a second hand approved passat from VW Dealer in January 2007 with one year warranty. The Car ia a 2 L petrol, 52 reg car, Engine code ALT, 47,000 MILES todate, Mark 5.5 and year 2002. It had clocked 37,000 miles in January 2007.Drives well with no problems except a bad smell like burnt rubber/plastic comes in the car, through the vents possibly, when engine is revved up strongly with depressed clutch. This happened even when I bought the car and I noticed it a few moths after purchase. I got it checked with the dealer and they replaced the temperature gauge. But the problem has persisted. What can be the root cause of this problem and the approximate cost of repairs? In normal driving I do not encounter this situation , ie strongly revved up engine with depressed clutch but occasionally I do get into it if in wrong higher gear on a uphill!
Thanks.

Ben
06-08-2008, 08:57 AM
I would hazard a guess that the clutch maybe on its way out, but only ommits the smell when under load. This is only a guess and i may be well wrong. Crasher will be along soon enough.;)