PDA

View Full Version : Replica Wheels

Ads1999uk
05-08-2008, 11:14 PM
I've had my 2.0 TDI S Line for a couple of months now, and like everything except the 9 spoke RS4 wheels it came with, I think the RS6 style suit the model a lot better.

I'm looking at changing the wheels to the RS6 style, and have two options. Firstly going for a new set of replicas with decent tyres this will cost £550-600 for 18" models from the likes of Wheelbase in Manchester. Or secondly keep searching for a second hand set of genuine Audi's on eBay for similar price / maybe slightly more.

The question is should I wait for original Audi, or will I never know the difference if I go for the replicas, with the advantage of brand new tyres?

Finally I can't decide between 18" or 19" wheels, would the 19's make the ride even firmer due to the lower profile tyres? I find the ride on my S Line quite firm already which took some getting used too. Cant decide if the 19's will look good or a bit OTT. Want the car to look classy not chavvy!

Any advise would be great..

Thanks

MalcQV
06-08-2008, 08:26 AM
I got 17" RS6 replicas for my Passat at Christmas this year and so far so good.

sean red i
06-08-2008, 11:49 AM
ive got the s/line, had original 18inch wheels on up until couple of months ago. i needed four tyres (quattro)and the wheels have little bits of scuffing on them. so i went for replica rs4 with tyres £410. so far so good. had to upgrade tyres for extra load because of weight of car. if you dont the car slightly wobbles at speed(had before). beware, check up/down tyre clearance on suspension as it is tight on the s/line with 18inch, 19inch? mine is b6 could be different. my plan is to refurb and either sell or re/use. been quoted £200 for the four (the originals are sprayed gloss black then chrome ive been told, not a standard wheel colour) hopeany of this helps
sean

StephA4
13-08-2008, 06:11 PM
I too got fed up with the 9 spoke rs4 wheels on my S Line and decided on the new style rs4`s.The choice was then 18" or 19".After much probing on the net at other cars i opted for the 19`s and i have to say they look so much better than the 18".I have not noticed any difference in the drive.I would recommend the 19" as it would keep nagging at you how much better your car would look if you had picked up the 18`s instead.

JM85
13-08-2008, 08:01 PM
I too got fed up with the 9 spoke rs4 wheels on my S Line and decided on the new style rs4`s.The choice was then 18" or 19".After much probing on the net at other cars i opted for the 19`s and i have to say they look so much better than the 18".I have not noticed any difference in the drive.I would recommend the 19" as it would keep nagging at you how much better your car would look if you had picked up the 18`s instead.

Any pic's?

mcmolloy
13-08-2008, 08:09 PM
I think the ride is pretty poor already with 18" alloys.It could only
get worse with 19".

StephA4
13-08-2008, 08:32 PM
Any pic's?

Not yet just signed up to photobucket last night.Hopefully get some done when weather stays dry!!!!!!!!!! Just new to the forum set up so still to get the hang of things.

KQuattro
13-08-2008, 09:12 PM
I think the ride is pretty poor already with 18" alloys.It could only
get worse with 19".

Agree I think the S-line suspension is harsh over bumps and wallows too much on the motorway.

When I can afford it hopefully sort out some coilovers.

barryonline
13-08-2008, 10:31 PM
i have the original 18" rs6 style on my sline which i think look well but maybe a bit dated looking? theres some nice a4's knocking around with 19" amg/slr style which look very beefy and just that bit different but if i was going to change I'd be going BBS LM's....if i get a few numbers up!

just be care full with the rep's,there's some very nasty quality rims out there,have spoken to a few guys who have had wheels crack and buckle far to easy.

link to some pic's http://autoalloys.com/galleryshopdisplayproducts.asp?page=8

StephA4
14-08-2008, 09:12 AM
Agree I think the S-line suspension is harsh over bumps and wallows too much on the motorway.

When I can afford it hopefully sort out some coilovers.

I can only comment on the feel of my car guys but i ran with the 18`s for around 2 years and switched earlier this year to 19`s and living in the speed bump hell that is Glasgow i have to say it runs fine.The Mrs even commented that she doesn`t notice a difference and she was against me getting them as in her words(you would feel every bump in the road) and we all know a woman is never wrong!!!!!!!!!!lol.:biglaugh: