PDA

View Full Version : help- i want sat nav

iwannabeatanm3
05-08-2008, 10:57 AM
Hi Guys

i currently have the kenwood kv627 7inch touch screen dvd player with the tv reciever aswell, the system has the capability of using sat nav aswell but i dont have one as yet... so i am looking to get some advice on what is the best choice to buy- does anyone have one already?????? anyone have any advice on what to look out for ? dont want to spend the earth and would prefer to actually use the the screen and not just buy another seperate unit unless the advice is to do that for any reason.....thanks
matt:1zhelp:

descb600f
07-08-2008, 06:11 PM
I'm struggling to find any mention on the net have you spelt the Unit name right?

GDEvans
07-08-2008, 10:14 PM
I've found it - it's the now discontinued Kenwood KVT-627DVD. It helps if you get the name right!!!

The only way it will work as a sat nav is if you buy the Kenwood KNA-G520 add on sat nav box. Varies in price from £350 to £800 depending on where you buy it. Either way it seems like an expensive way of getting sat nav in your car.

Buy yourself an up-to-date TomTom, and you'll get the latest set of maps free of charge. And purchasing new maps in the future isn't expensive. Plus by connecting to their website you can download map updates made by other users.

iwannabeatanm3
08-08-2008, 08:52 AM
sorry about that guys....yeah thats the one..... thats a big price range.... .....and rather expensive for just sat nav.....think i may have to take your advice and buy a tom tom...unless anyone knows of anywhere i can get a second hand unit much cheaper......thanks for your help guys...