PDA

View Full Version : A5 purchase and spec query

Graeme2812
04-08-2008, 04:10 PM
Hi, just come across the forum and am looking for some advise as I am 95% sold on a new A5 (Thanks to Dundee Audi). The spec I'm looking at is the 3.0l Q sport model, although I've read the ride quality is compromised in comparison to the standard model. Is this particularly noticeable and worth the 20mm less on the suspension and sports seats?
I've decided to opt for some extras and was just wondering what people's opinions of them were.

Y - spoke Alloys - personal preference. Look better than the standard ones I think.
DAB Digital Radio - Seems the way to go these days. The FM stations up this way are few and rubbish! Does this come with any additional graphical interface on the MMI similar to this clip (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OCxFQsSrNhY), or is this specific for some other service not intended for the UK?
Sat Nav System Plus - This is the one that is really on the fence for me. Especially costing almost £2000 (equivalent of around 6 and a half TomTom Go 730's!) with it being a DVD based system, does this allow me to play movie DVD's? Can I add my own costom POI's via a memory card or disc etc? How much do the discs cost to upgrade? Who is the provider, Tele Atlas or Navteq?
Audi Hill-Hold Assist - Automatic handbrake basically?
Adaptive Lighting - Some friends say this is just a gimmick and is a waste of money. Does it come with turn lights as well as cornering lights? Are they just a gimmick in people opinions?
Door Mirrors - Electrically folding/dimming - Personal preference again, not much to be said about them really, is there?
Xenon Plus headlights - IIRC, all V6 and above models come with these as standard, or is it simply the LED running lights and dipped beam xenon as standard, with you having to upgrade to the xenon plus headlights to get the full and dipped beam with LED running lights?
Cruise Control - Personal preference again, does exactly what it says on the tin though I suppose?
Interior lighting package - I like a nice lighten cabin, presumably they are adjustable in contrast, what color are they, where are they located?

Sorry I've so many questions on a first post, just trying to get an idea of people's experence with the car and the options!

Graeme

sergison
09-09-2008, 09:21 PM
cool

JackD
04-10-2008, 10:42 AM
I would say tis all down to the price you want to pay.

Superb car!

tlionhart
26-10-2008, 09:57 AM
you most likely got the car now? But with the navigation plus...depends if your gonna use it. (reference to anyone who found this post interesting) Because that cost £2000...you'll get £300 for it when you trade the car in! So only best to have it if your going to use it. If its got DVD and you picking someone up and waiting for them outside the supermarket, that helps to! (saves getting bored)

Although optional extras appeal to buyers, they just don't claim value. (so sell it privately and you can bump the price up...when it comes to it)