PDA

View Full Version : Golf mk3 Tdi Clutch...

NicholasP
21-01-2007, 03:25 AM
hey guys,

Golf Mk3 TDI 1996 as the title of this thread suggests..

Im thinking that my clutch is slipping very slightly...no sign in the maintenance book of when it was last changed

I was looking at clutches. The stock clutch kit costs about £80. Anyone know what labour charges are going to be?

I was also interested in a performance clutch. My golf is chipped and doesnt really need a performance clutch but apparently..they can result in 20% more torque? Correct?

Would anybody have any suggestions of some performance clutches? Do they wear quicker than stock clutches?

Nick

Desertfish
19-01-2008, 12:20 AM
No idea on what clutch to recommend but I'm looking to get my clutch replaced and was quoted £140 (incl. VAT) for the labour.

aphex2k
27-01-2008, 05:29 PM
Jeeez. I just paid 225 to get a new clutch fitted to my Mk3 Tdi Vento :(

On the plus side, the garage that did it was recommended to me and they did an A1 job. Phoned the day before, booked in for 9am the next day and done by 2pm.

Seems I could have got it done cheaper.. But the car was my father in laws and he gae it to me (complete with 250k on the clock). He is on some Swedish/German car site andhis friends on there said that if their commercal vehicles were in the UK and had clutch issues they were more than hapy with the service from this place.