PDA

View Full Version : Multitronic gearbox Oil Change

Seanious
21-01-2007, 02:44 AM
Does anybody have any recomendations where to take my A6 from the 40000 mile gearbox oil change. Audi in Lincoln want around £450? Is this what I sould pay no matter what Audi I take it to?

Audi A6 2.5Tdi Avant 53 plate.

Many Thanks

semo
06-02-2007, 07:48 PM
;)
I am surprised its that much just to change gear bx oil try quick fit.

I have a A6 quattro 2.5tdi and the gear slips into 2nd and all the gear lights light up. this happened after i changed my car battery i have taken it to Brittanic autos (White hart lane) . The worst s i can be driving @ 70mph and drops down (not good ) this is costing me £380 + Vat just fo the sensor changes . If its the gear box may be £1700 quid .

Teutonic_Tamer
09-02-2007, 04:25 PM
try quick fit.

Oh, FFS, don't you search the archives, just look up posts from thewiderview, and then you'll realise just why NOT to recommend Thik-Fit.

Teutonic_Tamer
09-02-2007, 04:27 PM
Does anybody have any recomendations where to take my A6 from the 40000 mile gearbox oil change. Audi in Lincoln want around £450? Is this what I sould pay no matter what Audi I take it to?

Many Thanks

Sounds very steep to me, and no the price is not set in stone.

Give these guys a call http://www.inde-tech.co.uk/multitronic.html - I've no connection, but there are a couple of very happy bunnies of these forum.

Rgds

Gary64
05-03-2007, 10:51 PM

Many Thanks

Take it to Andy Robinson behind the Moorland Centre on Tritton Road. He's serviced my A4 1.9tdi and he's very good and reasonable. I've just ordered an A6 2.7tdi with multitronic box, but never thought Lincoln Audi would want that much just to change the oil!! If that's the case then I'd better check my warrantee.

guzzles
02-04-2007, 11:53 PM
My multitronic oil was changed last year on my A4. It was a lot less than £450 - more £180 (from Southampton Audi). I did see if anyone else could do it appart from main dealer, but was told that the new oil had to be pre-heated, and then pumped into the gearbox! Phone around, but I would check that an independant know what they are doing

RichardB
03-04-2007, 09:13 PM
Mine is booked into here http://www.swiftsperformance.co.uk/aboutus/index.htm on thursday for the same if sheffield isnt too far for you to travel.