PDA

View Full Version : How to install 6-CD Changer in GOLF Mk4

tixy
21-01-2007, 12:05 AM
Hi guys,

have a golf 1.6se 2001

i want to replace my single cd player with a vw gamma in-dash 6-cd changer

can you guys help me out:

1) where is the best place to buy a cheap, new or second-hand, cd changer?

2) can you give me a guide (preferably with pics) as to how to install it?

thanks

Eshrules
21-01-2007, 12:52 AM
Hi guys,

have a golf 1.6se 2001

i want to replace my single cd player with a vw gamma in-dash 6-cd changer

can you guys help me out:

1) where is the best place to buy a cheap, new or second-hand, cd changer?

2) can you give me a guide (preferably with pics) as to how to install it?

thanks

first port of call for cheap second hand bits has to be eBAY. your unlikely to find any at a scrappies as these will usually be pulled out and sold on. the other option open to you is main dealer, but i wouldnt be suprised if they tear you a new one.

as for fitting, i would have thought its fairly plug and play, simply pull the old unit out using stereo removal pins and install the new unit.:beerchug:

tixy
21-01-2007, 12:52 PM
thanks, they are going for about £120 or so on Ebay

but i'm not very good with cars. And i was told i'll need a special tool to remove the existing cd player. Do you know anything about that?

can anyone tell me what the wiring will look like and whether the cd changer will use the same connections as the cd player. Or do i need to wire it differently?

(any pics would be handy!)

cheers

Eshrules
21-01-2007, 11:22 PM
thanks, they are going for about £120 or so on Ebay

but i'm not very good with cars. And i was told i'll need a special tool to remove the existing cd player. Do you know anything about that?

can anyone tell me what the wiring will look like and whether the cd changer will use the same connections as the cd player. Or do i need to wire it differently?

(any pics would be handy!)

cheers

the special tool would be the radio removal tool i mentioned, you need two, they are like thin pieces of metal that you slot in the small slits either side of the stereo to remove it. once done, you simply plug the new unit in. its simpler than wiring a plug, it is quite simply plug and play. however, if unsure, get it into a garage, it would probably be about 20 quid to get it fitted. i wouldnt advise you to attempt if you have no idea whatsoever! :beerchug: