PDA

View Full Version : Window sensor

grahamben98
20-01-2007, 11:38 PM
Hi,
We have just bought a A3 1.8T, lovely car in excellent condition. Only problem is that the passenger door window will not go up. The motor seems to work fine but when it goes down it won't go back up againg. It's like the anti-pinch feature kicks in as soon as the glass comes out of the door. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Boardboy
21-01-2007, 06:54 PM
Mine is doing the same. I haven't had time to have a look at it. I can get the glass up by giving it a pull whilist holding the switch.
I believe its fairly common and usually caused by moving the window down when it's frozen.
I'll let you know how I get on.
Regards Boardboy

Eshrules
22-01-2007, 01:08 PM
just a quick question... is this not anything to do with the window regulator?

grahamben98
22-01-2007, 03:50 PM
just a quick question... is this not anything to do with the window regulator?

I really don't know, we only say the window go down and the dealer managed to get it back up but I dodn't see how. Now that you mention it, he did mention the regulator but a. I don't know what it does and B. I wanted a second opinion.

Do you think this could be the problem, if so do you know how much they cost?

Thanks for your reply.

clackers
28-01-2007, 12:44 PM
I havea similar problem withmy A3. The window has a mind of its own though, when you try and put it up it goes up and down of its own accord(no jokes please!). I have been told by a friend of a friend etc, that it is a clip on the bottom of the window regulator that costs about £4 to replace.....trouble being they don't sell it seperately and you have to buy the whole regulator(about£60 second hand).
Sorry I haven't helped, but hopefully someone can help us both out as to whethter I've been given duff info. or whether we've got the same problem.