PDA

View Full Version : Audi sterio system

markcass
20-01-2007, 09:40 PM
Hi there,

Please can anyone tell me if the audi synphony cd/tape/radio (sort of double sterio system) has a separate amplifier or is it built in. As mine all seems to work fine but there is no volume. Today told me that the prev owner might have taken the amplifier of the car. Anybody got any ideas.

Cheers Mark.

patrick
21-01-2007, 01:25 AM
I believe it is an amplifier driven system. That may also depend on your model A4. Amplifiers are typically tucked in behind the passenger side panel in the trunk on a B6. Other times some manufacturers hide them under the front seats, or in some other area in the trunk.

I would post more info on your car then you might get more specific answers.

Patrick
www.AudiA4Mods.com (http://www.AudiA4Mods.com)

markcass
21-01-2007, 01:56 AM
Hi there thanks for the response,
My audi is a 1999 a4 2.8 quattro
I have looked in the boot and behind the side panels and cant see anything, do you think someone has taken it out????

adamss24
21-01-2007, 03:09 PM
Does it say Bose on the front speakers grilles ? If yes, then the amplifier should be in the boot, on the left hand side, mounted under the parcel shelf ! If it does not, then the speakers are driven by the stereo's internal amplifier...so, unless you replace the head unit or add an seperate amplifier, you wont get much more volume...It is a good ideea to have someone with a vag-com scan your cars stereo and check the codding of the unit, because the same stereo was fitted across the range and, if the codding is wrong for the sound system, then the equaliser settings will be the wrong ones for your car and may sound flat. Check this link and it might clear things a bit ! http://www.ibiblio.org/tkan/audi/radios/ (http://www.ibiblio.org/tkan/audi/radios/)

Froggy
23-01-2007, 12:51 PM
The rear speakers will have a amplifier regardless of the spec of car, that is driven from the pre-out of the Symphony unit. On a saloon the amp is effectively part of the speaker assembly normally on the left hand side as you look in the boot.

All the head units from this age of car have in-built power for the front speakers, but it will be (Should be!) disabled if the car is BOSE equipped.

Black Cab
24-03-2007, 11:02 PM
I have just bought a used Audi A4 Cabriolet (Sept 04) with a Symphony II and 6 speaker Bose system. I would like to install a Parrot Bluetooth handsfree phone kit.

However, I need to know if the kit will mute the stereo during calls and operate via the car speakers. Parrot advise it WILL work, if the stereo system is NON AMPLIFIED or just REAR AMPLIFIED. Apparently it WILL NOT work if the system is FULLY AMPLIFIED.

How do I find out if my system is FULLY AMPLIFIED, REAR AMPLIFIED or NON AMPLIFIED ?

Thanks!!

:confused:

Froggy
26-03-2007, 10:58 AM
If you have Bose speakers then the system will be fully amplified.

The parrot kit should be able to be wired through the Symphony II, to allow full phone integration without any problem - provided that it's connected correctly to the phone input on the back of the unit. (The connections are shown on the lid of the unit)