PDA

View Full Version : Audi 80 1.6 Non starter

format
01-08-2008, 06:46 PM
Hi, Newbie here! I've been viewing this forum for a while but never had any serious problems that have prevented me keeping my Audi's going However I have recently sold my Immaculate 80 to a friend and he's having a few problems!!

The car was driven home from work left for half an hour, when he went back to the car it wouldn't start. I have checked the car over and found the car to have good fuel pressure, cam timing ok etc.

I removed a plug lead and checked for a spark, when the car is turned over you get one initial spark and then nothing (maybe a very very weak spark every now and again) I checked the distributor cap and rotor arm - all ok. Replaced the leads as they were old anyway still no difference. Checked the coil primary and secondary windings - all ok. Then I got a second hand coil complete with amplifier on the side and tried that just in case the coil was breaking down after the first spark but still the same!?!?

-Any Comman faults? ECU/rpm sensor etc??
-Is there a Diagnostic plug?
-Anyone have a wiring diagram?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!!!

Sam http://www.audi-forums.com/images/smilies/confused.gif

STEWY L
01-08-2008, 07:19 PM
possibly the electronic unit that replaced the points of days gone bye,it has it's own name
but can't think what it is!!!!
regards,
stewy.