PDA

View Full Version : Please Help No Connection Between Blackberry 8310 and Passat

Rob-A
30-07-2008, 09:16 PM
Hi all,

Anyone got some suggestions for this....

I have a 2.0TDI Passat, fitted with Bluetooth phone preparation (the one with the 'pop-up' keypad on the dash). This has worked fine with my old Nokia - once set-up, it automatically connects to the car, no cradle needed, - voice activated dialling, address book displayed on Multi Function Display, etc. - nice piece of kit.

We have now been 'upgraded' at work to the Blackberry 8310. This doesn't connect to the car. The phone sees the car (phone displays 'VW'), so the Bluetooth works, but the car never displays the code needed to enable the link.

I've tried various VW dealers and spoken at length to the Blackberry supplier, but no one can get it working - they all say it should work! I suspect the problem might be that the Blackberry isn't RSAP (Remote Sim Access Profile - or Protocol, not sure which) compatible.

Anyone come across this problem before? Has anyone actually got it working??

Cheers,
Rob.

PS - the Blackberry connects just fine to my TomTom 520.

Teflon
01-08-2008, 12:11 PM
Bad news, I'm afraid.

The Blackberry is not on any of the lists of compatible phones I've been able to get out of VW, including one from Deutchland. See this thread for a bit more info http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=43615

You hit the nail on the head - the car kit needs an rSAP compatible phone and it cannot work as a "simple" Bluetooth kit. Basically it's too smart for it's own good and too proprietary to work with Blackberry, iPhone, Motorola, Samsung, LG, etc. It's Nokia or Nokia.

I've written to VW and am awaiting a response on whether there are any software upgrades available, but it's not looking promising. For the time being, I've unlocked a (very) old Nokia and my SIM card is stuck in that.