PDA

View Full Version : Advice on A6 options

Delbort
20-01-2007, 11:40 AM
Hello,

This is my first post here. I have ordered a new A6 2.7 TDI Avant, and it is being built in February for a March delivery.

Over the last few days, I have been wondering whether I should upgrade the car. I've checked with my dealer, and I can do this. So, I'm hoping someone here can give me some clues on the following:-

1) Is it worth going for the 3.0 quattro? I know it's more powerful, but I am not convinced the extra power and handling is worth the trade off in economy. If anyone has a quattro, what do they think of the drive over time? Is it better than the two wheel drive I'd get from the 2.7?

ALso, does the 4wd significantly improve braking?

2) Are the adaptive Xenon lights worth it, or just a gimmic? Do they help on windy roads? Are they easy to use?

Many thanks for your help.

A6 Le Mans
26-01-2007, 10:50 PM
Hello,

This is my first post here. I have ordered a new A6 2.7 TDI Avant, and it is being built in February for a March delivery.

Over the last few days, I have been wondering whether I should upgrade the car. I've checked with my dealer, and I can do this. So, I'm hoping someone here can give me some clues on the following:-

1) Is it worth going for the 3.0 quattro? I know it's more powerful, but I am not convinced the extra power and handling is worth the trade off in economy. If anyone has a quattro, what do they think of the drive over time? Is it better than the two wheel drive I'd get from the 2.7?

ALso, does the 4wd significantly improve braking?

2) Are the adaptive Xenon lights worth it, or just a gimmic? Do they help on windy roads? Are they easy to use?

Many thanks for your help.

Delbort

I wrote you a long mail about all this, but for some reason it was deleted when I posted it, so in summary now:

I think the 3.0 is better than the 2.7 as the trade off in fuel economy is worth the extra power.

Quattro Drive.....you definately want this....it is permanent and cannot be uncoupled....it improoves grip which ever way you look at it.

Xenon lights are worth it, but the adaptive part is not necessary. I have both!

The 3.0 has bigger brakes than the 2.7, and yes, they really do bring the car to a stop in a real hurry if you need them too...they are fantastic!

Make sure you get the Tiptronic gearbox....a car like this really needs it. The manual does not do the car justice, and if you stall the car with the manual gearbox, it is pretty savage!

Hope this all helps

Regards

Mike G......A6 Le Mans:biglaugh: