PDA

View Full Version : VW GOLF MK4 ALARM/KEY FOB

bilal.sheikh
20-01-2007, 01:45 AM
HI, Recently had a new central locking box fitted due to the old 1 having a fault n a loud tickin noise.. bit like a time bomb.lol.. anyway got that fixed and my key fob wont work... wont connect with the car alarm..? any advice?.. do i need to re-programme the fob?

Thanks

adamss24
20-01-2007, 10:30 AM
HI, Recently had a new central locking box fitted due to the old 1 having a fault n a loud tickin noise.. bit like a time bomb.lol.. anyway got that fixed and my key fob wont work... wont connect with the car alarm..? any advice?.. do i need to re-programme the fob?

Thanks
You need to go to the dealer to syncronise the key fob(s) with the new central locking controller. On older models, there was a procedure that allowed key syncing without using diagnostic equipment, but it was verry complicated and often unreliable. It could also be done with a vag-com and compatible interface and by following the 'key codding proccedures' on rosstech.com website. Read it and follow to the letter as its differs slightly from year to year ...Hope this helps.