PDA

View Full Version : 1.4 Can you get a sports exhaust to make a better sound from it?

dean-nez
29-07-2008, 04:22 PM
Ive got a mark 4 1.4 golf ive done some modding to in the sense of debadging the boot and had all of my windows tinted.I'm looking to get some kind of back box or exhaust that will give my car a better sound,not overpowering but like a smooth deep bass which my friend has got on his honda civic.Is there anything i can get that will do this and if so how much and where can i get it from.

dubcruiser
29-07-2008, 04:28 PM
Check out this thread on exhausts...

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=42540

dean-nez
29-07-2008, 04:46 PM
Word up 4 the reply...ive had a read...wat do u think personally...is it a waste of time and money trying to put a new backbox on there?

dubcruiser
29-07-2008, 04:49 PM
Sometimes less is more and this could be one of them times. At the end of the day your Golf has a 1.4 so it will never sound like a 2.0 Honda Civic or an R32. I wish mine sounded like that! I suspect you have a 1.4 because of your age. I would leave it and spend the money on something else (wheels etc) but its personal to you what you do.

dean-nez
29-07-2008, 04:59 PM
Yh u guessed it im 19 so a bigger engine is kind of out of the question due to the high price of insurance, plus the rising price of fuel is putting me off a bigger engine in the future so i was finking of kitting myn up and keeping it for a good few years...Im gona buy sum wheels for it in the near future but i cant decide which 1's to get between the r32 wheels rs6's rs4's...thats why i havent done them yet cuz i dont kno which 1's to choose.wat wud u get?also im puzzled as 2 which size, i was told my car can fit 17's 18's or 19's but i dnt kno how it will affect ride quality.

dubcruiser
29-07-2008, 05:13 PM
The wheels will effect the ride, but not massively. If I were you, I would go for 18"'s tops. 19" are two big and will effect the ride. You will be forever looking out for pot holes! 17"s for the most comfortable ride.

I would go for RS8 wheels in 18" if it were mine!

STEWY L
29-07-2008, 06:19 PM
if you are worried about the cost of insuring a bigger engined car,and also the running costs
with fuel being the price it is, just take time to think again before you go spending money on wheels and other mods which may also raise your insurance premium.
the tdi gives good mpg, and still in one of the cheaper tax brackets,£120 yr, because of low emissions.
i know finding the wedge to buy a one may be a problem,but i am sure a tdi would be cheaper to run than your 1.4petrol.
just a thought,
regards,
stewy.