PDA

View Full Version : Attention Blackberry 8100 Bluetooth Compatability & Cradles

mitch449
29-07-2008, 01:39 PM
:beerchug:I've finally managed to get the latest phone compatability list from Audi along with the list of cradles available.

I have also been in contact with paragon fidelity GmbH (Cullmann) http://www.cullmann.de/ who make the cradles for Audi/VW and many other OEM's.

I was trying to get a cradle for my RIM Blackberry Pearl 8100 for the High Prep for My new A6, but they do not make any cradles for any Blackberrys for any manufacturer that they supply.

VW/Audi have not requested them to manufacture cradles for Blackberry, but, with enough interest from owners maybe they could be persuaded.

I have started the ball rolling by sending an email to Audi Customer Services and if enough interest is generated by others doing the same they may see that there is enough of a market to ask Cullmann to produce cradles for the Blackberry range. Especially as they have gone to the trouble of testing the MMI/bluetooth compatability with blackberry phones.

I have attached all the info I have gleaned from them so far, if I get any more on the matter I will post.

edg6388
19-12-2008, 05:04 PM
I've just taken delviery of a B8 Avant and it has Bluetooth low preparation. I was searching thorugh the forums for any clues on how to get a cradle for my Blackberry Pearl when I came across this thread. I have investigated a bit further and found this link...

http://www.paragon-online.de/en/uploads/_dokumente/Audi_Handy_Adapter_without%20direct%20help_GB.pdf

It indicates that this company makes a Blackberry cradle (p/n 8P0 051 435 GH) - although it also seems to say that it is not for the UK.

Has anyone got any experience of this? I am trying to find out where I can get one from but so far cannot see anyone on the Internet who is supplying this part.

Ed

Robster28
30-12-2008, 04:16 PM
I've just taken delviery of a B8 Avant and it has Bluetooth low preparation. I was searching thorugh the forums for any clues on how to get a cradle for my Blackberry Pearl when I came across this thread. I have investigated a bit further and found this link...

http://www.paragon-online.de/en/uploads/_dokumente/Audi_Handy_Adapter_without%20direct%20help_GB.pdf

It indicates that this company makes a Blackberry cradle (p/n 8P0 051 435 GH) - although it also seems to say that it is not for the UK.

Has anyone got any experience of this? I am trying to find out where I can get one from but so far cannot see anyone on the Internet who is supplying this part.

Ed

Hi Ed,

This IS interesting news...I've just been forced to upgrade my company nokia 6300 to a blackberry 8120. The nokia worked great in my new A6 Avant with a cradle. My BB Pearl also works fine with Bluetooth, but it is frustrating that I now have to use a charger connected into the cigar lighter. Have you progressed any further with this? I contacted AUDI UK who advised they do not supply cradles for any BB models.

Cheers,
Rob.

edg6388
02-01-2009, 08:02 PM
I haven't made any further progress at all. I cannot find the part number referenced in the PDF file I linked to anywhere at all. Be really great to get a cradle. I have a crade for the Nokia 6230i and I might try and "fashion" this together with the old Pearl cradle from my previosu BMW and see if I can get anywhere - i.e. take the top part of the cradle from the BM snap-in and see if I can mate it with the bottom part of the cradle from the Audi snap-in - not ideal but may allow me to access the external aerial. I just need the pinouts for the Audi cradle interface - does anyone know these?
Ed

peaceg
05-03-2009, 01:23 PM
Hi
I'm a newbie, not only to this forum, but to the world of VWAudi, having just taken delivery of my new A6 company car. I confess. I am a sinner. I was previously the driver of several of those other German cars that Top Gear presenters love!

I have the same problem with regard to compatibility of my BB 8100 and the "Phone Pep. - High" on the A6. I can connect using the Handsfree BT profile, but my BB (or my company's BlackBerry security policy?) does not support the SIM Access profile. Therefore I can't connect to the car's roof aerial. This is maddening, since I can use most of the MMI functionality, just can't get a decent signal frm my crappy BB.

Given that my company has recently reduced the choices available for cars to three manufacturers, of which Audi is one, and it's a fairly sizeable company, I would have thought that there would be sufficient demand to justify Audi commissioning a company to make cradles for these devices.

I keep coming up against a brick wall, whichever way I turn to try to solve this issue. The only solution from my company's IT department, is to have the company standard retro-fit car kit fitted. This is not an option as far as I'm concerned. No way am I slapping a big, ugly cradle to my nice new dashboard and also losing the functionality of the MMI.

One step forward......two back. Sometimes and upgrade isn't all it seems!

What can we do to get Audi to move on this cradle issue??

Any other suggestions that anyone can think of would be welcolmed.

dlever
19-03-2009, 05:31 PM
i found one

http://www.stokeaudi-parts.co.uk/products.php?product=Blackberry-Phone-Cradle

rossjbaxter
19-03-2009, 07:11 PM
Is this genuine? The photo on the site is clearly not a BB! Don't want to risk £130 to find it doesn't work?

dlever
19-03-2009, 09:48 PM
Is this genuine? The photo on the site is clearly not a BB! Don't want to risk £130 to find it doesn't work?

yes it is.
the photo is for display only.
its just a generic picture they use

peaceg
19-03-2009, 10:59 PM
Only today, I conceded defeat and ordered Brodit Proclip mounts to mount my BB on the dashboard and forget about car aerial connection.
Unfortunately, my car came with Phone Prep - High, which means there is no cradle preparation in the armrest. So my only option would be to get SIM-Access profile unlocked by my company's IT dept. I doubt this will happen. So I'll have to make do with the aerial signal from the phone itself.
Well done for finding the cradle though.

dlever
21-03-2009, 03:58 PM
any companies out there looking for a group buy on this cradle
may be able to sort a deal out

Robster28
29-03-2009, 11:28 PM
Picked up my new BB cradle for the Pearl 8120 on Friday. Works a treat, so can now dispose of my cigerette lighter charger lead that used to annoy the hell out of me!

Interestingly the signal strength seems to improve when the phone is in the cradle. However I understand it to be a bluetooth only connection and therefore was under the impression there is no connection to the roof mounted aerial.

Indeed the only connections that appear to be between the phone and cradle are the two copper connections that supply the power for charging the phone battery....anyone able to shed any light on this?????????