PDA

View Full Version : A4 2.8 Quattro alarm problem

markcass
20-01-2007, 12:17 AM
Hi there, i have just got a audi 2.8 quattro 1999 model. It was very dirty inside so i had it valeted inside. Now when i lock the car the alarm keeps going of for no apparent reason. Can anyone help? Or is there a way of turning the alarm off permenantly?

Also i am getting a rumbling noise coming from the back end when i am driving (sounds like a landrover with those chunky tyres on). I was told by the prev owner that the car eats rear tyres. He has since told me that the tyres were wearing on the inside edges really bad. Can anyone advise me whats wrong??

Lastly the car is fitted with the symphony sterio. When i got the car it said safe mode. I inputed the radio code and it came on. everything seems to work radio and cd but i cant get any volume what so ever!!!
Anyone got any ideas.

cheers Mark. London

ChrisF
20-01-2007, 10:38 AM
I noticed you also have a thread about water in the boot - possibly this problem is linked to that one??

markcass
20-01-2007, 11:51 AM
Hi there, you said maybe the water in my boot might have something to do with my alarm going off. Is any part of the alarm located in the boot and if so where abouts???

Cheers Mark

ChrisF
20-01-2007, 07:20 PM
The alarm system is usually hooked into things like the boot light, boot open indicator on the dash etc. also, the indicator and rear light wiring runs through the boot. Any electrical problems (such as a slight drain/live wire earthing out due to water etc.) will cause problems with the alarm.

I'd suggest lifting the carpet out of the boot, ensuring everything is completely dry and then check the continuity of all the wires running into the lights (get a multi-meter).