PDA

View Full Version : Question Tiguan, squeak on accelerator, 1.4 tsi model

li2a
28-07-2008, 08:13 PM
I brought a brand new VW Tiguan 1.4 tsi back in May and at the beginning of July i started having a squeak on my accelerator.After taking it into my local VW garage i was told the water pump pully had to be replaced with a 2 way pully rather than the 1 way pully it was fitted with when made. After the work was done i was happy that the noise had been rectified to then be dissapointed 2 weeks later when the noise came back.After another visit to VW Dealer i was told it had to be rebooked in for 2 days to be looked at. After the 2 days i recieved a telephone call to state the garage couldnt fix my car. After a discussion with the garage they stated VW Uk had asked them to do loads of test on my car over the 2 days to try and solve the problem but with no success. The garage were also asked to test another Tiguan of same engine size and mileage but as there is none available this couldnt be done.The garage state thier hands are tied as they can only do the work VW Uk authorise. After a discussion with the mechanic he stated VW wanted to class my car normal with this noise as it couldnt be rectified.He advised me to telephone Vw customer services 0800711811 and talk to them and ask if this noise was normal why didnt it have the noise from the beginning and why had it been in the garage twice to be fixed. After a telephone call on Thursday of last week to VW im still waiting for a response. Has anyone else had this problem or heard of it?

julie ottewill
30-12-2008, 11:29 PM
Hi, we also have the 1.4 TSi, purchased as new on 29th March. Like you we have had the same squeak and the car has been into the garage twice. We were originally told that this was something to do with the pully to the supercharger, which was replaced. The car came back to us and after a couple fo weeks the squeak started again, this time we were told that everything was okay and that VW had told our garage that in certain conditions the car will from time to time squeak. 9 months later and the car is squeaking like mad. I drove 2 miles yesterday and it squeaked 12 times!! Needless to say we will be booking it back into the garage after the New year, but after reading your story I don't hold out much hope of them identifying the true cause!

Did you ever get your problem sorted out ?