PDA

View Full Version : my audi a3 questions

nagga
28-07-2008, 03:21 PM
Hello I was wondering if anyone can help.
I have brought a Audi A3 1.9 TDI 110Bhp (1999). Its 3 door version in Deep Blue.
Since having it I have new discs pads and front drivers-side bearing and hub replaced… :(
Now my questions
1. does it matter ???? I am after some alloy wheels for my car. 5x100pcd is my cars fitting I believe……is it possible to add alloys with a 5x112pcd.
2. I have used a friends vat com software on my car recently. My car's flashers do blink when I alarm the car thou I have never heard the alarm. (siren)
I don’t want to smash the window to test this??? Can anyone help. How can I enable the noise when I am arm and unarm my car.
Oh and why does the hazard lights blink when I jump in the car….>??? Strange ???

3. At present when I arm (alarm) the car I can hold the button to close all the windows…..but is there a way to make it close itself - rather than holding the button down the whole time. And the same for unlocking ….I have to hold the button down to open all the windows…I hate it.
4. how do I adjust the handbrake…??? Is this something I can do myself.
5. is it worth a re-amp…how much more BHP can I expect on return. Baring in mind the car has 107k on the clock now.
6. The car seems to be making lots of noise for a diesel….its not idling high…say 980rpm….but the noise is significant when stand still….
7. Do I need to get the tappets' looked at…how much could this cost me ??? And where can I go…I live in Essex.

I am a newbie I love my Audi….post pics up soon..

Hope all of you guys can help me out here!!!
Thanks once again
Nagga

kite
28-07-2008, 04:18 PM
1 the only way to fit 112 is to have hub adaptors the the offset maybe a problem
2 open the drivers window set the alarm then put your hand into the car, alarm should sound
3 Nope you have to hold the button
4 No idea
5 i had a golf with this engine mapped to 145 BHP....Changed the car completely
6 Diesels are noisy
7 Try Dean 07906 581394, he's in kent...

paddy737
30-07-2008, 03:28 PM
adjusting the handbrake tension can be done by removing the rear seat ashtray just behind the handbrake. this should give you access. The 110bhp engine has good potential when remapped.heaps of torque.

nagga
30-07-2008, 07:13 PM
Thanks...i looked at the back near the astray...i think i need to take more of the casing off....

the re-map i have quotes...

amd - thurrock...399...with rolling road...seems epensive!!!

i asked i have a 1999 with 106,000 miles would it be a problem..

he said as long as the the clutch, turbo were all sound they could get good potential...

still am looking for some where cheaper...i still have to get my TT 17' inch wheels rufurbed...friend of mine is doing them for me...

still not figured if the alram works or not!!!

adjusting the handbrake tension can be done by removing the rear seat ashtray just behind the handbrake. this should give you access. The 110bhp engine has good potential when remapped.heaps of torque.

joetyler
09-08-2008, 01:25 PM
i have the same problem with the alarm on my a3 (99 1.6) the hazzards flash but doesnt make any noise, had a garage look at it and turns out the batteries in the siren are flat, you cant just replace the batteries either, you need to buy a new siren, been told these are £60-£70

kite
09-08-2008, 02:45 PM
i have the same problem with the alarm on my a3 (99 1.6) the hazzards flash but doesnt make any noise, had a garage look at it and turns out the batteries in the siren are flat, you cant just replace the batteries either, you need to buy a new siren, been told these are £60-£70

You can change the batteries in the alarm !
http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=215855#post215855
Check out the link in this thread, its for a TT but the alarm is the same.

nagga
10-08-2008, 09:12 PM
thanks sounds a like a lot of work...i am gon alive with it for a while...but it is **** take.. i blame audi....why not just hard wire the damm thing...

LAMO Audi

thanks for replying to the thread...

cheers..any more answers to the above questions would be a a great help!!!