PDA

View Full Version : Question VW Premium Bluetooth Compatible Phones

Teflon
27-07-2008, 04:30 PM
I've just got a new car with the RCD510 stereo and the VW Premium Bluetooth kit. Very impressed with the whole set-up, but I'm stuggling to find phones that will pair with the bluetooth system.

I've tried an old Nokia 6230i (worked okay) and a N95 (rejected as not compatible). Also tried 2 Samsungs and a Sony without success. The manual states that a phone must be rSAP compatible. This seems to rule out all Samsung and Sony Ericksson phones.

Does anyone know where I can find a list of compatible phones?

p.s. there isn't one on the VW website, or at Nokia, Samsung, LG, Motorola, Blackberry or at any of the network providers.

ZiggyNZ
29-07-2008, 05:52 AM
Any phone running Symbian v6.0 and above supports rSAP.

There is a list here which may be of use:

http://www.s60.com/life/s60phones/browseDevices.do

Teflon
29-07-2008, 12:14 PM
Thanks for the reply.

The list looks to be mainly Nokia and Samsung. Nokia tell me that , "we cannot support another manufacturer's car kit" , which is Finnish for "you're on your own, pal"

Samsung tell me that none of their phones support rSAP.

mitch449
29-07-2008, 02:01 PM
Compatability List for all Cullmann (Paragon-fidelity) car kits supplied to VW/Audi, Skoda Porche etc.

Sriv
29-07-2008, 03:50 PM
Hi,
As a newbe to this forum please accept my apologies for butting in but I have had a similiar problem with the Premium Bluetooth System in the Passat that I have just bought. Was faxed a list by the dealer (mainly all older phones) which said that SE P1i was compatible with Universal Adapter. Bought one only to find that the VW mobile adapter is not available in the UK market only Germany :mad:
I am looking at purchasing the Nokia E71 but does anyone know whether this will be compatible ?

Cheers

Stuart

Teflon
29-07-2008, 08:43 PM
According to the list on the German version of Wikipedia, yes it is.

According to the list I got from VW today, and the list I got from Nokia yesterday, and the list I got from the VW Germany website, no it isn't.

Sorry I can't be more helpful! I suspect that it probably does work, but no-one will give me a cast iron guarantee.

Teflon
29-07-2008, 08:45 PM
Compatability List for all Cullmann (Paragon-fidelity) car kits supplied to VW/Audi, Skoda Porche etc.
Thanks for this, but what format is it? I can't open it in my old version of Word. Any chance of a .doc file?

ZiggyNZ
29-07-2008, 09:18 PM
I use a Nokia E65 which works brilliantly. Remmber the VW kit is manufactured by Nokia so suggest you go that way.

ashadam
29-07-2008, 09:48 PM
I use a Nokia E65 which works brilliantly. Remmber the VW kit is manufactured by Nokia so suggest you go that way.

I dont think so from my understanding they are all made Cullman for the whole VAG group.

In our S4 we had the complete bluetooth setup with cradle in armrest which worked great If you liked old phones, they never seem to have the latest phone cradles available. I've used Nokia 8800, Blackberry 8100 with no issues on Bluetooth.

Ben
29-07-2008, 10:11 PM
Thanks for this, but what format is it? I can't open it in my old version of Word. Any chance of a .doc file?
the file is compatible for word 2007.

i have word 2003 and clicked to open the file and i was asked if i would like to download a compatability pack from microsoft. it took me to the link below
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=941B3470-3AE9-4AEE-8F43-C6BB74CD1466&displaylang=en

the file is 27.5 meg in size.

attached is the contents of the 2007 word doc.

Sriv
29-07-2008, 10:32 PM
Many thanks all for your speedy responses , I am amazed how helpful you have all been and I think i'll take a chance with the E71 .... fingers crossed... i'll let you know how i get on

Cheers

Stuart

ZiggyNZ
30-07-2008, 01:57 AM
I dont think so from my understanding they are all made Cullman for the whole VAG group.

In our S4 we had the complete bluetooth setup with cradle in armrest which worked great If you liked old phones, they never seem to have the latest phone cradles available. I've used Nokia 8800, Blackberry 8100 with no issues on Bluetooth.

It's def. Nokia (in my Touareg anyway) as it's trademarked in the user guide and even has the Nokia ring option.

I don't use the cradel at all as the adapters were for all old models.

Teflon
30-07-2008, 10:23 AM
The Paragon list from Mitch449 is exactly the same phones as I got from VW Customer Services yesterday, dated 21/7/08, so it looks like it's correct. Unfortunately, only one model on the list is available from the major network providers, the others are all older than me.

The Passat kit definately has some Nokia genes in it somewhere, because it offers Nokia ringtone as an option. I suspect there is a lot of badge engineering going on here.

I've written to complain to VW about the poor selection, so I'll keep you up to date when I get a reply. Also, I'll post a review of the system so that others don't fall into the same trap.

seanpburke
19-10-2008, 09:10 PM
Does anyone have a user manual for these car kits, I am using one in a 2005 A4 via bluetooth (Nokia 6500c) and I would like to know what the full capabilities are of the carkit with my multi function controls on the steering wheel.

Thanks
S.

Froggy
21-10-2008, 09:46 AM
Just digging this up a bit, I'm sure I paired my N95 8GB with a Passat premium kit about 9 months ago without any problems...

An the kit IS made by Nokia, so if in doubt a Nokia phone is the way to go. The cradle's will be an issue with newer phones, but not really required if rSAP is working, as 95% of the functions are available from the steering wheel controls.

seanpburke
21-10-2008, 01:12 PM
as 95% of the functions are available from the steering wheel controls.

Does anyone know or have a list of these controls as i am trying to get to grips with the car kit (via bluetooth) and its a bit confusing without an instruction manual etc.

Regards.

S.

royashmr2
04-11-2008, 10:39 PM
Hey guys very new to this vag stuff. I have a golf gt sport and wanted a blue tooth kit.
You are putting me off a bit. lol
But I do use nokia phones and have an n96 at the mo. I've ordered the mfd3 and want to buy a vw kit. Does anyone know where I can buy on to fit myself?

I have tried Ebay.

Thanks for your help

placebo
24-05-2009, 04:51 PM
Any phone running Symbian v6.0 and above supports rSAP.

There is a list here which may be of use:

http://www.s60.com/life/s60phones/browseDevices.do

I`ve got a Nokia 9300i communicator. It supposedly runs on a s80 operating system whatever that means. And i just bought a new VW Passat cc with the Bluetooth Premium sistem. And would`t you know it, my phone was deemed not supported... :zx11:

Any ideas how to make the 9300i work with the sistem?

Thanks

Froggy
26-05-2009, 03:02 PM
Have you tried pairing it ? I'm sure the 9300 supports rSap, in which case it should work.

placebo
26-05-2009, 03:18 PM
Have you tried pairing it ? I'm sure the 9300 supports rSap, in which case it should work.

yeah i know the 9300 and 9300i support rSAP but that doesnt stop my CC from deeming them incompatible... i dont know what else to do.. i mean the bloody phone is on the list of supported phones (or at least the 9300 is nothing is sayd about the 9300i but there have been no significant software changes that i know of) BUT THE THING JUST WONT WORK:zx11:

Froggy
27-05-2009, 03:02 PM
yeah i know the 9300 and 9300i support rSAP but that doesnt stop my CC from deeming them incompatible... i dont know what else to do.. i mean the bloody phone is on the list of supported phones (or at least the 9300 is nothing is sayd about the 9300i but there have been no significant software changes that i know of) BUT THE THING JUST WONT WORK:zx11:
I'm sure I've read somewhere that loading the latest Nokia contacts manager software (V8.1 ?) can cure problems with pairing and phone books. Might be worth a go !

placebo
27-05-2009, 06:13 PM
I'm sure I've read somewhere that loading the latest Nokia contacts manager software (V8.1 ?) can cure problems with pairing and phone books. Might be worth a go !

thanks mate :beerchug:
but something tells me that this software update isnt free is it... any clues as to where i can get said software? :D

Froggy
28-05-2009, 01:28 PM
thanks mate :beerchug:
but something tells me that this software update isnt free is it... any clues as to where i can get said software? :D
Sorry not that I know of. In fairness I haven't had the problem - so I've not looked. Have you tried the Nokia site, or getting updates through your supplied Nokia software ?

placebo
28-05-2009, 01:32 PM
Sorry not that I know of. In fairness I haven't had the problem - so I've not looked. Have you tried the Nokia site, or getting updates through your supplied Nokia software ?

no updates for me- the service provider doesnt support it (we have a separately designed hosting plan for our company so we have specific supported functions) ive tried the nokia site, yes, but ive found nothing similar to what you describe. are you certain that this update is for the 9300 series, it wouldnt surprise me if it was for the 1.st series communicators the 9100 series.

thanks for the help

Froggy
28-05-2009, 01:41 PM
No the contacts manager is used for all sorts of phones, N series etc. I will be honest and say I don't know about compatibility with the 9300.

It just seems odd that it can't be persuaded to work.

placebo
29-05-2009, 03:00 PM
No the contacts manager is used for all sorts of phones, N series etc. I will be honest and say I don't know about compatibility with the 9300.

It just seems odd that it can't be persuaded to work.

ok got something done regarding my nokia 9300 and VW premium car kit...

i was finally able to pair the phone or at least the system didnt reject it from the start... i was able to confirm my nokia, and was aked to enter the 12-digit code (4444555566667777 or something you know the one :D) after that when i okaied and accepted the connection on my phone, the car system informed me that: no bluetooth connection is possible to phone

any ideas what the hell is wrong now?

before i tried my phone i connected a samsung (not sure what model it was) and it connected perfectly i got to the point to enter my pin number it even downloaded the contacts and everithing...

but my nokia doesnt seem to be cooperating....

been having this problem for some time and its starting to really get to me :zx11:

any help very much appretiated

Hooky108
28-07-2009, 02:13 PM
just thought I'd add that I have an old Nokia N80 and this works just fine. Although it would be nice to know what newer phones can work with it.

Jokin
17-11-2009, 10:40 AM
Hello, I am new so apologies if I have missed an answer to this problem.

I have a Blackberry 8100 Pearl and am trying to pair with the VW Premium in car kit.

I have been advised by Vodafone that the phone is RSAP compatible and to download the latest OS with is 4.5.0.180.

Unfortunately it doesn't work, the phone see's the VW kit but there is no 16 digit number on the MFD. The MFD then responds phone not compatible.

Has anyone got a step by step guide on how to do this, assuming it does work of course?

Surely there is a firmware upgrade for the Blackberry to enable the phone to work especially considering this issue seems to be a few years old now.

Thanks

J

Hooky108
17-11-2009, 12:25 PM
Hello, I am new so apologies if I have missed an answer to this problem.

I have a Blackberry 8100 Pearl and am trying to pair with the VW Premium in car kit.

I have been advised by Vodafone that the phone is RSAP compatible and to download the latest OS with is 4.5.0.180.

Unfortunately it doesn't work, the phone see's the VW kit but there is no 16 digit number on the MFD. The MFD then responds phone not compatible.

Has anyone got a step by step guide on how to do this, assuming it does work of course?

Surely there is a firmware upgrade for the Blackberry to enable the phone to work especially considering this issue seems to be a few years old now.

Thanks

J

They Lied dude! This phone does not have that feature. I have the same phone and can not use it with my car kit. I have to use an old Nokia N80 to get mine to work.

rSAP is a feature mainly used with Nokia by the looks of it.

Jokin
17-11-2009, 12:36 PM
Ah d*mn.

Thanks Hookey.

You would have thought that Blackberry would bring out an update!

The more I deal with Blackberry the less I like them

vannyva74
18-12-2009, 03:54 PM
Be a part of an elite research group that will influence successful NOKIA innovations!
Start receiving the rewards £50 in vouchers

Sing up now: http://www.7reach.com/dt/ads.php?addcode=CD13&bannerid=23651&optionalinfo=&deploy_id=0&landing_id=0&poolid=0&subid1=joseph

FortyPlus
21-12-2009, 12:40 AM
My understanding is that RSAP is a NOKIA only standard? I have a 2008 Phaeton and it uses RSAP and the bluetooth works perfectly with a Nokia E51, and any phone that supports RSAP (i.e. higher end NOKIA)

However the E51 will not pair correctly with the Audi bluetooth in wife's 2008 A4cab...(no phonebook on display)

alistairr
18-01-2010, 12:01 PM
On the ceiling there are three buttons; a star to activate voice control, a spanner for brake down help and an “I” for information.

My question is this: How much dose it cost per minuet to phone the info line and to what dagree can it be used. i.e. is it just “where is the bonnet latch” or is it more “I’m on my way to Billericay can you book me a hotel”

Thanks in advance for your help

AmandaWilliams
20-01-2010, 01:15 AM
:aargh4:Dear All,

I've just recently picked up my 09 Golf. I bought it specifically for the telephone prep and had rather a shock when I couldn't get it to work at first and I read on the forums that the blackberry storm 1 I have isn't compatible as it's a nokia system.... I was never told this when i bought the car and was suitably pleased as you can guess!

HOWEVER! - my phone does work now. I had to pair the phone to listen at the same time as the car looking for new devices. then put in a long code (NOT 0000 or 1234) that is given by the car.... then it works to it's full capabilities.... it does drop out and can't find the phone (every tuesday for 2 weeks so far) but all you need to do is take the battery outta the phone and replace it and it all connects again.... all v strange but it's easier than persuading work to get me a new phone or getting a bluetooth (which i sold with the other car) and having to pay for it as the VW garage suggested.... idiots...

Anyway hope my rant helps some of you.....

Teflon
04-02-2010, 05:19 PM
Update on the latest info. I need a new phone so started looking around again for what goes with the Premium Bluetooth Kit.

Blackberry and HTC replied but said "ask the car manufacturer". Nokia didn't even bother to reply. LG and Sony still don't support rSAP, nor does iPhone. T-Mobile, O2 and Vodafone all said don't know, either look at the phones on our website or phone Volkswagen.

I spoke to an extremely helpful dealer, who sent me the very latest list from Volkswagen, updated 7/12/09. It is almost exactly the same list of obsolete Nokia and Siemens phones I got 18 months ago. But now they have added the N78 and N82 which are also obsolete.

To be frank, I'm now more than a little p!$$ed off. VW are still advertising this junk in the brochures for their new cars. I'm thinking of going to the Small Claims Court and getting my £575 back. Anyone with any better ideas?

Dummy
09-04-2010, 10:12 PM
I had my Nokia N97 connected to it without any issue.

Until last week !!!

While changing the Active User on the system from my own mobile to my wife's phone last week, I got a message on the display reading "Initialising Telephone Please Wait". This message has remained ever since.

My local Volkswagen dealers are not familiar with this system & are unable to help me.

Does anyone know how to reboot this system?

DR_A6
10-04-2010, 10:42 PM

Until last week !!!

While changing the Active User on the system from my own mobile to my wife's phone last week, I got a message on the display reading "Initialising Telephone Please Wait". This message has remained ever since.

My local Volkswagen dealers are not familiar with this system & are unable to help me.

Does anyone know how to reboot this system?

I have exactly the same issue, my blackberry 8900 used to work perfectly, then it dropped out and now it doesnt seem to recognise the phone and gets stuck as above, any help to restore and start again would be great.

avw21
12-04-2010, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dummy

Until last week !!!

Does anyone know how to reboot this system?......

I've bought a N97 mini, do you know if that is compatible? I tried to connect it and it said it wouldn't work- I didn't think the regular N97 and the mini were that different?

Dummy
12-04-2010, 09:27 PM
AVW - Yes I have had my N97 connected to this system without any hassle for the last number of months.

However, I should say, that I did have difficulty when I was with one network and tried a host of mobiles from that network. But then when I switched networks, the problem went away.

I am based In Ireland, and I don't know what the difference was between the 2 networks, but my N97 does work on this kit.

Dummy
12-04-2010, 09:29 PM
I have exactly the same issue, my blackberry 8900 used to work perfectly, then it dropped out and now it doesnt seem to recognise the phone and gets stuck as above, any help to restore and start again would be great.

I am at a complete loss with this. I have even tried to buy a new unit off the internet, I cannot locate one. I don't know if the 3C0035730B has been replaced with another unit that would work in my car without losing any of the functionality.

Are you getting exactly the same constant message "Initialising Telephone Please Wait"?

avw21
12-04-2010, 11:07 PM
AVW - Yes I have had my N97 connected to this system without any hassle for the last number of months.

However, I should say, that I did have difficulty when I was with one network and tried a host of mobiles from that network. But then when I switched networks, the problem went away.

I am based In Ireland, and I don't know what the difference was between the 2 networks, but my N97 does work on this kit.

By any chance do you know how to install it as the way in the manual won't work-it says its not compatible. I'm also based in Ireland and i'm 086 if that helps?
Thanks for your help!

Dummy
13-04-2010, 09:32 AM
AVW, My mobile is an 086 too but is working off the Meteor network. The network I had issues on the Premium Kit with was 3.

I'll have a look to see how to PM on this forum and send you my contact details and I'll give you a hand with what knowledge I have. I am based in South Dublin.

It might be worth asking a Meteor user if you can try to pair their phone for testing purposes.

BTW - would love to know what garage you bought the car in to see if they know anything about these units.

Dummy
13-04-2010, 11:55 AM
I need to have 10 posts in order to be able to send a PM.

So this is my 9th post.

Dummy
13-04-2010, 11:56 AM
And this is my 10th post.

I'll send you a PM now.

DR_A6
15-04-2010, 10:35 AM
I am at a complete loss with this. I have even tried to buy a new unit off the internet, I cannot locate one. I don't know if the 3C0035730B has been replaced with another unit that would work in my car without losing any of the functionality.

Are you getting exactly the same constant message "Initialising Telephone Please Wait"?
exactly that. I had a look at the unit under the drivers seat, but wasnt sure how to disconnect as some of the plugs were a bit complicated.

not sure what the next steps are really, the dealers are a complete waste of time.

Dummy
19-04-2010, 03:50 PM
exactly that. I had a look at the unit under the drivers seat, but wasnt sure how to disconnect as some of the plugs were a bit complicated.

not sure what the next steps are really, the dealers are a complete waste of time.

I have eventually found someone that knows what they are talking about here. They are taking the car in on the 29th to have a look.

I'll let you know what has to happen to get rid of that message.

DR_A6
25-04-2010, 05:04 PM
Hey its working again!! I took the battery out of the phone deleted the vw bluetooth pairing and then reinstalled.....

Dummy
25-04-2010, 09:50 PM
Hey its working again!! I took the battery out of the phone deleted the vw bluetooth pairing and then reinstalled.....

And then there was one !!!!

As soon as I got your message, I tried what you said but no joy. :aargh4:

I guess I'll have to wait to the 29th and hand over a bundle of cash to get it sorted.

I spoke to AVW21 on the phone 2 weeks ago and he's sorted too.

Dummy
29-04-2010, 11:51 AM
And then there was one !!!!

As soon as I got your message, I tried what you said but no joy. :aargh4:

I guess I'll have to wait to the 29th and hand over a bundle of cash to get it sorted.

I spoke to AVW21 on the phone 2 weeks ago and he's sorted too.

The price to get it sorted? 1300 Euro !!!!

Am off to find a rock to crawl under :1zhelp:

Dummy
10-05-2010, 12:15 PM
And then there were none !!!

I bought a second hand unit and fitted it myself.

Total cost - 189 Euro.

That's a far cry from 1300 Euro !!!!

autobrake3
22-08-2010, 02:54 PM
Anybody had any luck with HTC phones in the VW premium set up ?

AlanMarshall
06-09-2010, 08:33 PM
Took delivery of a new Passat CC GT today (6Sept10) and found that my LG phone is not compatible. Dealer gave me a list dated 21Apr10 but I'm wary.

Can anyone one point me to a clear list of phones that will work with the built in kit please.

Ta

Alan