PDA

View Full Version : S Line Suspension. What to choose?

hawkesbaynz
27-07-2008, 03:24 PM
Hi,
Hoping to order a 2 litre diesel Avant S-Line with Multitronic gears.

I have read that the S-lines suspension is preferable (Channel 4 car review) and I think that it has added value for the Zenon's, sports seats etc. However a little confused by: 'sports suspension (lowered by 20mm, with the S-line pack taking it 10mm further down)'. Is the further 10mm reduction purely a cosmetic, sporty appearance issue. I am hoping for improved suspension as am over my Boy Racer phase. Hope a better informed person can help me.

Anyone dealt with DrivetheDeal the Internet Broker as the prices are very keen?

Ta
Roger

2.7 S-line
27-07-2008, 05:25 PM
my take on it - having driven a demo in a 30mm drop 2.0tdi and a 20mm drop 2.7tdi is that to 30mm gives a slightly firmer drive (more jarring over uneven surfaces) but the handlings pretty much the same maybe even a little worse in the 30mm drop as it was a bit unsettled

the increased drop is to give it a lower slung sportier look rather than better performance as far as i could tell

parked side by side you could just tell the difference - but i would defy anyone to be able to tell if an isolated car had 20 or 30 mm drop without another car to compare to

having seen and driven them i chose the 20mm as the 30mm was visually not enough of an improvement for a significantly worse ride - obviously that's just my opinion and i'm sure lots of folks with 30mm drop cars will disagree

2.7 S-line
27-07-2008, 06:02 PM
forgot to say - have been driving a 2.0tdi SE for the last 3 weeks as a loan car , so i've also had a chance to try the standard (non-sports) suspension too - is a bit more comfortable on uneven surfaces but really wallows about on fast turns

significantly slows me down on fast A roads , makes it feel like you're really pushing it at speeds that in my old A3 (which I've traded in) would have felt quite pedestrian

B6Andy101
27-07-2008, 07:38 PM
I'd echo the comments above and have also gone with the 20mm suspension drop. I've also been able to squeeze the 19" alloys from my budget which maintains the full wheel arch look the 30mm drop gives.

Don't ask the dealers for their opinion on this and base your decision on their reply. They have struggled to get their heads around colours yet alone specifications in my experience. Go with your gut feeling.

kevspi
28-07-2008, 10:13 AM
Is there anyway I can tell if my car is 20mm or 30mm lower. This may sound stupid but mine is a company car and my boss who arranged the deal didn't go for the 30mm like i wanted but I called the dealership before the order went through to make sure it was dropped by 30mm. Now the sales guy says it is 30mm but how can I know for sure?? Thanks.

hawkesbaynz
28-07-2008, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the feedback.

Kevspi how comfortable is the ride? Also how do you find the seats. I have a bad back. Sat in the S-line but not had a test drive - only in the SE in various guises.

DobarDabar
28-07-2008, 11:29 AM
And now an opinion from different angle of view.

I would strongly choose non-sport suspension. I can't think of even one advantage of sport suspension, further sport suspension + 19'' wheels, omg do you have your own motorway? I would rather take R8 then. Big alloy wheel and sport suspension is for cars in saloon to attract customers imo. Remember! you are driving car from the inside and you pay your money to Audi to enjoy nice, comfortable and quiet ride. So I would recommend normal suspension it's totally fine, I tried it on curved roads and it holds very well.

But neglect all I said if you like, its personal preference that I want to share.

Regards.

Moodshadow
28-07-2008, 01:52 PM
Try Motorlogix, their prices are even keener than drive the deal and one punter has used them on here with no problems.

I intend to use them next year when I change my car if the dealers are not prepared to discount sufficiently.

AUDI-NUT
28-07-2008, 02:22 PM
Hi,
Hoping to order a 2 litre diesel Avant S-Line with Multitronic gears.

I have read that the S-lines suspension is preferable (Channel 4 car review) and I think that it has added value for the Zenon's, sports seats etc. However a little confused by: 'sports suspension (lowered by 20mm, with the S-line pack taking it 10mm further down)'. Is the further 10mm reduction purely a cosmetic, sporty appearance issue. I am hoping for improved suspension as am over my Boy Racer phase. Hope a better informed person can help me.

Anyone dealt with DrivetheDeal the Internet Broker as the prices are very keen?

Ta
Roger

I am fortunate enough to have driven the SE, S-Line with 20mm drop and my preference which is why I bought it, the S-Line with 30mm drop.

The ride comfort is all about personal opinion of course but I have driven the S-Line extensively, over 3 weeks with the 20mm drop and more recently the S-Line with 30mm drop which for me doesn't ride that much differently to the 20mm apart from the fact it obviously holds the road that much better and much nicer/tighter going into corners, the servotronic steering makes it so much nicer too and I would seriously recommend it.

If its the S-Line you are going for, the 30mm wins for me, it does look better, I realise some say you don't notice the difference but you do.
Forget the 19inch wheels though if you are going for the 30mm drop, it doesnt work, the ride is seriously compromised with the 19's and will end up being more common than the standard 18's anyway. Even with the 19's on the 20mm drop the steering felt heavy to me and a little lifeless.

You will notice I haven't mentioned the SE, if its pure comfort you are looking for without the good looks of the S-Line then go for the SE, its a less exciting drive and nose heavy but its all about preference and still a nice enough car.

By the way, I am talking saloon here and not Avant so cannot comment on that.

Whatever you choose I am sure you will enjoy it.

kevspi
28-07-2008, 02:26 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

Kevspi how comfortable is the ride? Also how do you find the seats. I have a bad back. Sat in the S-line but not had a test drive - only in the SE in various guises.

On the second day I had the car I did a 650 mile trip in one day and got out the other end with no back problems at all. I'm 6ft 4" and have had trouble in the past too. The seats (half leather with cloth) are excellent and the adjustment very good too. The suspension surprised me in this car as I had read so many comments to suggust my skeleton would be shaken apart after my first drive. I found it to be firm but not firm enough to cause me any distress. I drove an A3 sportback 2.0tdi 170 s-line last year and its ride was 50% worse than my new B8. I had read on an earlier post on this forum that Audi had listened to early owners of the s-line and softened the ride somewhat on later models like mine (I don't know if this is correct?).

I've had 2 people stop me an ask me if it was an "A6" as I've had it debadged. At work I park next to my old car which is a B6 A4 and I can see how to the untrained eye it could look that way.

KAS-1
28-07-2008, 03:21 PM
I recently swapped my old 54 2.4 A4 cab, which had the sports pack fitted, and was anything but sporty, under powered and wallow y in the corners, didn't encourage you to drive anything other than sedately, but it did look good in silver with blue hood and the 5 spoke 17" alloys I now have a 08 2.0 T cab S Line which is lowered by 30mm with the sport suspension and 18" RS wheels and while the ride is firm it's not harsh, and gives more confidence in the handling. I also think the the ascetics are a big consideration when buying a car, just by choosing Audi you are making a statement about your lifestyle, if not why don't we all drive shapeless Euro boxes, so if you really want the car to look good as well drive good go with your gut, lower big wheels.
I don't know if it was just sales talk but I was told that whatever size wheels you order from the factory the suspension is tailored to suit.
About Drive the deal and Motorlogix, get a quote from them and then do what I did, take it to your local dealer and ask them to match it, you might be surprised I know I was.

B6Andy101
28-07-2008, 08:59 PM
And now an opinion from different angle of view.

I would strongly choose non-sport suspension. I can't think of even one advantage of sport suspension, further sport suspension + 19'' wheels, omg do you have your own motorway? I would rather take R8 then. Big alloy wheel and sport suspension is for cars in saloon to attract customers imo. Remember! you are driving car from the inside and you pay your money to Audi to enjoy nice, comfortable and quiet ride. So I would recommend normal suspension it's totally fine, I tried it on curved roads and it holds very well.

But neglect all I said if you like, its personal preference that I want to share.

I do have my own motorway.....the A64 and A1 are pretty quiet at 6am :D

WhiteHartMart
29-07-2008, 07:19 AM
Have to say its going to have to be the S-line for me too - probably with 20mm drop.

Have tried an SE also and for me, it just wallows about far to much and doesn't feel anywhere near as sharp as I'd like (the ride quality is good though). Thing is I'm coming from a Focus ST lowered 25mm on Eibach springs so most things will feel 'soft' I guess :D

Out of interest, I get some clearance problems when driving the Focus - anyone had any issues with the 30mm drop S-Line???

steve1234
29-07-2008, 10:46 AM
I've got the 30mm drop s-line suspension. Originally I had the standard 18s and the ride was very good, better that my 05 plate s-line. Have now changed to 19s and the ride is still good, even 'er-indoors has not complained!!!! Such a personal decision I suppose but I'm very happy with the lower suspension and 19s, plus it looks cool!!!:cool:

Definitely no clearance issues and I live in an area with lots of pot holes and speed bumps!!!

jkh112
29-07-2008, 07:12 PM
[quote=kevspi;213167]Is there anyway I can tell if my car is 20mm or 30mm lower.

I too am wondering how to tell. What is the option code to look for?

AZMOTORSPARES
30-07-2008, 11:06 AM
30MM looks better , the car feels tighter and more confidenty on corners , no lurches on motorway as it sticks to the ground , i'm on 3k since may in my black 30mm lowered s line . take me anywhere in th world i could spot the difference a mile away . The thing is 30mm just and i mean just gets rid of that awfull arch space between the lovely wheels and the arch giving it a fab look . Also nobody has mentioned the enhanced more aggresive look it gives the front end of the car . To me 20mm is plain jane boring 30mm looks summat special and naughty
any way you got to choose good luck

WhiteHartMart
31-07-2008, 12:25 PM
Went out for another Avant test drive today - a 2.0 TDI S-Line (20mm drop).

Have to say I was impressed - for me personally a huge improvement over the SE. In fact given how good the ride quality was, I'm seriously considering the 30mm drop now. Mind you - as I mentioned above, I'm comparing this to a lowered Focus ST!! ;)

2.7 S-line
31-07-2008, 12:59 PM
really difficult getting advice about these kind of choices - one persons sporty aggressive look is another's overdone trying too hard boy-racer looking, what one person sees as understated another will see as boring - spose that's what makes the options list so much fun !

AZMOTORSPARES
31-07-2008, 01:27 PM
Naah . i cant say the "boy racer trying too hard" can apply to such a vehicle , Try the smarter more sexier look. And besides if you want boring then dont buy the sline simple as . And bye the way i would have loved to order the 2.7 sline but was pushed for time and company so had to have the 2.0 But i night consider the mtm kit for upgrade to 170bhp and take a look at the wheel spacers cos i recon if you had just 10mm spacers the wheels would just meet the lip of the arch giving it the rs4 look . ANYBODY BEEN THERE DONE THAT? .

hawkesbaynz
31-07-2008, 02:43 PM
Test Drove the SLine (20mm no servotronic) this am. Really enjoyed the ride and road holding. Wasn't harsh at all. Seat seemed comfy too (leather/cloth).

Just gone and bought it on drivethedeal.com as couldn't be bothered to haggle with salesman. Said I was still considering it against a Bummer or Merc so I could high-tail it home to order online.

2.0 TDi SLine Avant Multitronic in Brilliant Red
Bang & Olufsen
Servotronic
Cruise Control
Tyre Pressure thingie (as I always forget to check)
20mm Sports suspension

Out to walk the dog on the beach and to contemplate this big cash purchase. The money was towards a house deposit but..................:p. Rationalising that the house prices will come down to make up for the 26K or so I spent;).

hawkesbaynz
31-07-2008, 02:45 PM
Forgot to say that the car looked fantastic too. There was also a Brilliant Red A4 3 litre Quattro SE in the showroom which looked , well brilliant.

sunil1234
03-08-2008, 01:58 PM
I asked for -30mm suspension on my s-line (even got copies of the internal order system but it never has an option code unlike other options) but i am not convinced it has it (delivered yesterday). Does anyone have a definitive option code to confirm please?

Still loving the car though (2.0 tdi s-line phantom black).

thanks

Sunil

jkh112
13-08-2008, 11:21 AM
My colleague at work has parked his 2.0 TDi SE near my 2.0 Tdi S-line and so I measured the suspension heights (from the centre of each wheel vertically upwards to the edge of the wheelarch).
My S-line is almost exactly 30mm lower then his car (both empty cars with almost the same amount of fuel) but I thought my car had the 20mm drop as there was no mention of the lower drop on the later orders I saw.

kelvinbishop
13-08-2008, 12:24 PM
Interesting. I did not specify the 30mm drop because I did not want it but my car seems awfully low as if I got it anyway. I would be interested in knowing a definitive way of checking although I suppose it is too late now anyway.

jkh112
13-08-2008, 12:33 PM
One way is for an owner of a car who definitely has the 30mm drop to measure the distance from the centre of each wheel vertically upwards to the edge of the wheelarch and post the results here. This may vary depending on the engine choice but it is a start.

mkc
13-08-2008, 01:12 PM
I am wondering if they actually supply 30mm standard on S Sline. Im spec a A3 at the moment and they have Sport and S Line as per the A4 but you dont have specifiy the total 30mm drop on the S Line A3.

However saying that I think there are some S Line owner in this forum with 20mm

HighwayTG
13-08-2008, 05:06 PM
I'm also unsure if I have the 20 or 30mm drop on my car .. does anyone know what the code is in the drivers handbook which confirms this?

Also, it would be usefull if someone could measure the height between the wheel arch and the middle of the wheel (in mm) , regardless if you have an A4 SE or an S-Line.

Cheers

HighwayTG
13-08-2008, 06:04 PM
I'm also unsure if I have the 20 or 30mm drop on my car .. does anyone know what the code is in the drivers handbook which confirms this?

Also, it would be usefull if someone could measure the height between the wheel arch and the middle of the wheel (in mm) , regardless if you have an A4 SE or an S-Line.

Cheers

Measured my S-Line from the rear with no weight in the boot .. 370 mm from wheel arch to middle of the wheel

jkh112
13-08-2008, 07:04 PM
i have measured mine at the rear and the measurement is 360mm with an empty boot and half a tank of fuel.

malfunction99
14-08-2008, 02:10 AM
For what its worth, in Australia, the S-Line is standard with 30mm drop and 18" wheels. There's no option available for the 19's, as Audi consider that our roads are too rough.

However, the sales guy at the dealer, (who is is a real enthusiast, as opposed to a sales-drone, and was even kind enough to take my 12yo car-nut son for a very quick spin in an R8) had the following to say:-

18' wheels can accomodate either an 20 or 30mm drop and full suspension travel without contacting the wheel arches.

19" wheels are restricted to 20mm for the same reason, added to the fact that there's inherently less flexibility/"give" in the 19" tires.

I've not driven the S-Line 19 obviously, but the 18"/30mm S-Line rides way, way better than a similarly equipped 3-series with run-flats.

11 days and counting to delivery. Thankfully I'm away from home on business, or I'd be stalking the dealer every day, hoping for a glimpse of "my" new baby...

jkh112
14-08-2008, 07:58 AM
I have measured my colleagues SE and the rear measurement is 390 on one side and about 392 on the other, again with an empty boot and half a tank of fuel

sunil1234
14-08-2008, 04:08 PM
i have measured mine at the rear and the measurement is 360mm with an empty boot and half a tank of fuel.

So yours is -30mm and Highways is -20mm then (as there is 10mm diff between the 2)?

Will measure mine tonight

:beerchug:

sunil1234
16-08-2008, 12:03 PM
Ok i have measured mine with just under half tank of fuel and empty boot and it is just short of 360mm from centre of wheel cap to arch lip at the rear.

HTH

S

belldog
16-08-2008, 12:52 PM
My 2008 a4 avant s-line w/ nearly full fuel tank measured 360 mm at the rear.

jkh112
17-08-2008, 07:20 PM
Well if my car has the 30mm drop, as it seems to have, then I cannot believe how good the ride is.

XM640
18-08-2008, 02:21 AM
For what its worth, in Australia, the S-Line is standard with 30mm drop and 18" wheels. There's no option available for the 19's, as Audi consider that our roads are too rough.

However, the sales guy at the dealer, (who is is a real enthusiast, as opposed to a sales-drone, and was even kind enough to take my 12yo car-nut son for a very quick spin in an R8) had the following to say:-

18' wheels can accomodate either an 20 or 30mm drop and full suspension travel without contacting the wheel arches.

19" wheels are restricted to 20mm for the same reason, added to the fact that there's inherently less flexibility/"give" in the 19" tires.

I've not driven the S-Line 19 obviously, but the 18"/30mm S-Line rides way, way better than a similarly equipped 3-series with run-flats.

11 days and counting to delivery. Thankfully I'm away from home on business, or I'd be stalking the dealer every day, hoping for a glimpse of "my" new baby...

I have read the comments on this thread with much interest, having just ordered an A4 B8 2.0 TFSI with the full S-Line option. I do concur, having driven several B8 A4's with the standard or sports suspension, that anyone who enjoys driving must have either of the sports suspension options.

Interestingly though, and in some difference to malfuntion99 earlier comments, in Australia you cannot order the 19" or the full 30mm S-Line susp with your A4 (this is specifically stated in the Audi Australia dealer bulletin's that I have been privy to).

What does that tell you? No doubt AUDI believes that for ride and clearance reasons, these options are not suitable for our relatively rubbish OZ roads (and that perhaps the 30mm susp option compromises the ride just that bit much).

Personally I'm more that happy with the 20mm drop and 18" S-Line wheels.

malfunction99
18-08-2008, 03:01 AM
Interestingly though, and in some difference to malfuntion99 earlier comments, in Australia you cannot order the 19" or the full 30mm S-Line susp with your A4 (this is specifically stated in the Audi Australia dealer bulletin's that I have been privy to).

What does that tell you? No doubt AUDI believes that for ride and clearance reasons, these options are not suitable for our relatively rubbish OZ roads (and that perhaps the 30mm susp option compromises the ride just that bit much).

Personally I'm more that happy with the 20mm drop and 18" S-Line wheels.

Sorry for not being more explicit - I wasn't inferring that the 19" wheels were available in Oz. Clearly, they're not. My S Line will obviously have the 18s, and although the sales guy was pretty adamant that the drop was 30mm, it doesn't really bother me either way. Just can't wait to get my hands on the car - only 7 days to go...

XM640
18-08-2008, 04:31 AM
Cheers malfunction99. A very nicely specced A4 you will have there, and I do approve of the colour (apparently white is the new umm black!). Mine does not arrive till Nov.

Perhaps interestingly to all, you can spec the A5 with 19" and (20mm) sports susp in Oz - different demographic of buyer I s'pose.

malfunction99
18-08-2008, 05:49 AM
Thanks, it is a nice spec, although I worried a little that the value of the options over the base-spec price might see me take quite a hit on resale. On the other hand, I didn't want to spend the next 3-4 yrs saying "I should have added..."

I wasn't sure about the white - a bit of a leap of faith for me. The last 3x cars I've owned have all been variations of silver (Lexus, MB & BMW) and before that, black. Never owned a white car in 25yrs of driving. Hope I like it. Ceratinly looks good in all of the A4 pix on the web - which seem to be predominantly of silver, red or white cars.

A couple of minor things I'm annoyed at:- I didn't realise that there wouldn't be cupholders in the rear, or a light in the glovebox. After owning a few "prestige" cars, its taken for granted. Urrgghhh. Come on, Audi. Seriously....

Apparently there's supposed to be "angled bottle holders" in the rear doors. I didn't notice them though when having my test drive, and didn't ask Trivial perhaps, but with kids, these matter.

I'd also love to retrofit the xenons with the LED daytime lights at some point, but would probably need to sell my firstborn to do so. I've heard anecdotally that there might be oem / generic replacements available by eoy, so maybe my second-born will be sufficient.

If you're anything like me, as your delivery date gets nearer, the whole thing becomes more real, and you start thinking more and more about it. I think my wife is ready to shoot me to get me to shut up now.

Gonna be a long wait till November, but these forums will provide a litle bit of a "fix" in the meantime.

sunil1234
24-08-2008, 11:04 AM
Well if my car has the 30mm drop, as it seems to have, then I cannot believe how good the ride is.

yeah and i thre mine quite hard into a bend in a local one way system the other day and couldnt believe how well it handled too :D(and my pevious cars were e46m3 and imprez turbo and civic type r)

mkc
26-08-2008, 03:40 PM
Do we know if all S Lines are being supplied with 30mm then? Seems that we appear to have a mixed bag of some with, some without, some being supplied at 30mm without being asked.

Im just concerned as I requested 30mm but after looking at the spec sheet that came from the lease company its not mentioned on there. But someone mentioned it does not have an order code number anyway.

Im not too concerned but I just wanted the car to look a bit more aggressive being slightly lower.

sunil1234
28-08-2008, 08:27 AM
Do we know if all S Lines are being supplied with 30mm then? Seems that we appear to have a mixed bag of some with, some without, some being supplied at 30mm without being asked.

Im just concerned as I requested 30mm but after looking at the spec sheet that came from the lease company its not mentioned on there. But someone mentioned it does not have an order code number anyway.

Im not too concerned but I just wanted the car to look a bit more aggressive being slightly lower.

I dont know mate but i made sure the lease company put it on the order form and also got the print out from the audi dealers computer showing it (albeit no magic order/ spec code). I asked them about it so many times that i must have really wound them up! he he

mkc
28-08-2008, 08:31 AM
Looks like I wont be getting it then, :zx11:

sunil1234
28-08-2008, 08:33 AM
Looks like I wont be getting it then, :zx11:

ask them to send you what the dealer has on their computer mate. Say you requested it and you'd better get it or you will reject the car

mkc
28-08-2008, 08:36 AM
Well, I could but its a bit late in the day now. Its registered and sat waiting for them to deliver this Monday. If it was the wrong colour or something then I would cause a problem but Im not going to refuse the car at this stage. Its a company car and I need it for work, so it wouldnt go down to well if I caused a problem now!! Just slightly annoyed that I requested it but between the lease company and the dealer and the factory its fell off the spec sheet. I never actually received anything in writing to say it was the request anyway as at the time people were unsure between Sport and S Line suspension etc. My own fault I think for not double checking. Still on the bright side, 4 days to go:beerchug:

sunil1234
28-08-2008, 08:38 AM
Well, I could but its a bit late in the day now. Its registered and sat waiting for them to deliver this Monday. If it was the wrong colour or something then I would cause a problem but Im not going to refuse the car at this stage. Its a company car and I need it for work, so it wouldnt go down to well if I caused a problem now!! Just slightly annoyed that I requested it but between the lease company and the dealer and the factory its fell off the spec sheet. I never actually received anything in writing to say it was the request anyway as at the time people were unsure between Sport and S Line suspension etc. My own fault I think for not double checking. Still on the bright side, 4 days to go:beerchug:

no worries, maybe just measure the rear from centre of wheel to arch lip, 360mm and its s-line matey

enjoy!

sunil1234
05-09-2008, 01:39 PM
so how is the suspension mate?

mkc
05-09-2008, 01:44 PM
Ill need to measure it to see exactly what I have. I really think I have the 20mm to be honest as Ive seen nothing other than my Email request for 30mm S Line.

So assuming we have 20mm, it is fine for me. Im no expert with this sort of thing so cannot starting comparing it to other cars Ive owned (ive only ever had three cars, 106Gti, 1 Series and now this). Compared to the SE I had for 24 hours this does feel a bit more planted going into corners and a bit more bumpy over poor roads. Not teeth shattering tho! I would say the 1 Series was more firmer, that was a "Sport" with Run Flat Tyres which were very hard.

There, dont think Jeremey Clarkson needs to worry do you! :D

sunil1234
05-09-2008, 02:01 PM
you never know. it may well be 30mm! - your sig. says so ;-)

let us know when u do measure it!

cheers

B6Andy101
06-09-2008, 08:49 AM
I have just got my S-Line Avant with 19" alloys. For those who are a little concerned about ordering 19" alloys fear not. The ride is an improvement over my sports suspension on by 2004 B6 which is incredably hard. I have run it down a cobbled street, no problem. The person that described driving over a bump is like having your spine pushed though your brain is talking utter [expletive :mad:], some BMW driving journalist no doubt.

The 20mm drop with 19" wheels is highly recommended. :D

WhiteHartMart
06-09-2008, 09:06 AM
Pretty sure I have the 20mm drop and have to say I'm really pleased with the handling and ride quality.

Coming from a lowered Focus ST it was always going to ride better, but I'm impressed with the body control for such a big car - in fact the car seems to glide along on fast A roads - fantastic. :D

gslooney
17-09-2008, 03:37 PM
I spoke to the local dealer today. Was advised that they I could only order 19" rims on the S-line if I took the standard sport 20mm drop.

If I wanted the 30mm drop or the adaptive suspension then they are not an option as the clearence becomes a little suspect. They have one car in already that's pressure washed the paint off it's arches because of the 30mm drop and 19 inch rims!!

This would explain why I could'nt configure the 19inch rims with the configurator on line, as the S-Line has 30mm option.. So it looks like 19inch rims and 20mm drop for me. hope to order in the next fortnight.

Cheers

GSL

LynxPilot
17-09-2008, 05:18 PM
I've only had my A4 for a few days and I went for the 30mm drop. Being totally honest it was purely for the looks as I ordered way before I ever actually saw one, I was expecting to regret it due to ride comfort but so far I can't honestly tell the difference between this and my old A6 SE.

Time will tell though. I'm finding it hard to comaplain about anything at the moment as when I'm not driving it I'm staring out of the window at it.