PDA

View Full Version : Vibration in Sharan 40 - 60 MPH

Sam Humphries
19-01-2007, 12:29 PM
I have owned a 1.9l 130bhp Sharan, model year 2003 for the past year. At about 36k miles the twin mass flywheel was recalled and replaced. All went well for a while. In the past 6 weeks I have developed a shudder in certain conditions. I have had new tyres fitted on the front (5000 miles ago Hancooks). So I obviously suspected tyres as it only happens at 40 - 60 mph under power. The tyres have been checked by 2 tyre dealers and balanced. No faults found.

The problem only happend when the engine is at full running temp, under power between 40 - 60 mph. It then dissapears again after 60. A VW dealer has looked at it and confirmed that they can see no suspension irregularities, steering is all fine, and the vibration which is running through the whole car, is not felt through the steering. I personally suspect the Twin Mass flywheel but I'm open to suggestions. Any one any ideas?

Sam

Sam Humphries
23-04-2007, 04:24 PM
Just thought I'd let anyone who is interested know, it was the inner CV joint causing the vibration at speed. It took 3 Volkswagen Master Technicians and one real mechanic to diagnose.

Does anyone have a good source of VW replacement parts, cause the complete drive shaft cost me £300!

1truegeordie
19-05-2007, 06:29 PM
according to my locol motor factors the mk 11 sharan has had alot of problems with drive shafts.mainly passenger side.He charged me £175 for recon shaft with 2 years warranty .VW DEALER wanted £250 +vat and could not give delivery time.Motor factors had it next day