PDA

View Full Version : A6 with water in footwells

grahame78
19-01-2007, 10:12 AM
Can anyone help with a leaking A6 1999 Avant?

I have recently acquired the car and am busy snagging the various problems.

The offside footwells fill with water, in particular the rear footwell. As far as I can tell the door seals are intact and there is no sun roof.

Anybody had this problem before or can point me in the right direction?

Paul Hopkinson
19-01-2007, 10:24 AM
HI, have a quick look around the forum, there are lots of post with Passats with water in the footwell due to the " drain around the pollen filter" blocking up with leaves etc or something like that.

Paul..

grahame78
19-01-2007, 10:57 AM
Thanks Paul

I have been reading similar posts around the forum and other websites. Will have a go at locating and clearing said drain holes and pollen filters. It seems it could have expensive repercussions if left unresolved.

Regards

Grahame

Neil Young
01-02-2007, 03:28 PM
Can anyone help with a leaking A6 1999 Avant?

I have recently acquired the car and am busy snagging the various problems.

The offside footwells fill with water, in particular the rear footwell. As far as I can tell the door seals are intact and there is no sun roof.

Anybody had this problem before or can point me in the right direction?
Hi Grahame,

Have just had a similar problem with my recently aquired 2003 A6 Allroad, the rear nearside footwell was filling up, the inside of the door was full of leaves!! and had blocked up the drain hole. Cleared and now ok.

Regards

Neil

marty72
01-02-2007, 04:22 PM
had the same problem with my A4 cleaned drains removed carpet and water was still coming in finally traced it to the gromit around the speedo cable sealed that up and been fine since. Good luck M

Paulpro
05-02-2007, 02:58 PM
Had this problem in my 2.4 Avant on holiday in France 100 degrees. It turned out to be the drain pipe from the aircon unit which had become blocked with debris. The water produced was running/pouring into the footwell & not going into the road. The carpets back and front were wet through & we could only use the aircon in short 3/4 min. bursts. Had to leave it to the dealer to rectify on getting home but might have sorted it myself had I not been taken ill as well. Some holiday !