PDA

View Full Version : Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Fuel Sensor Problem !!

bungle
19-01-2007, 10:01 AM
New Member + Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Problem !!
Hi Forum, just a quick to introduce myself and also to ask a question.

I have always owned VW's but have recently bought myself a V reg Audi A4 2.8 quattro. Love it !! Its better than I could have imagined and with a K+N induction kit recently fitted it does shift.

:1zhelp:

I do have a question though regarding the fuel sensor in the car. The onboard computer does its job of telling me the MPG, average speed etc, and normally tells me how many miles left in the tank before I need to re-fill.

However, when I get to around 40-50 miles left in the tank, the needle goes mental, the low on fuel alarm constantly beeps which drivs me mad! Ultimately the needle on the fuel gague goes all the way to the left, then stays there, then intermitently will spike back up to show half a tank full and 120 miles left, when there blatantly isn't.

As I said its fine when there is more than 50 miles worth of fuel in it but then it acts like its possessed.

Any ideas?

What will it cost to fix?

Can I do the job myself?

Any guidance would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Rob

RickT
20-01-2007, 01:23 AM
Hi mate,

What i would first recommend with this is to get the Car on VAG-COM, to check all fault codes on the cluster. Then you know where you stand... other wise it would just be guess work..

if you need VAG-COM and lead, do a quick search on the forum for VAG-COM LEAD and have a read of the responses..

Any issues.. please post and i will point you in the right direction..

RicKT

RickT
20-01-2007, 01:24 AM
saying that..

heres the link...

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/applications/a4s4.html

have a look which lead is required and search ebay..

If you require confirmation of lead let us know by dropping a post.

RicKT