PDA

View Full Version : Number plate coming unstuck...

alexcf
25-07-2008, 04:02 PM
Hi,

I've noticed that my numberplate (on the rear) is coming unstuck, and due to the very violent boot opening, it keeps getting unstuck and has to be pushed on everytime I go to the car... Anyone else having a problem?

Thanks,

Alex.

digigriffin
25-07-2008, 04:42 PM
Isn't the number plate screwed on?

alexcf
25-07-2008, 05:06 PM
Nope! Mine's stuck on with sticky back plastic heh...

Plife
25-07-2008, 05:32 PM
I would advise to screw it on.....or use Gorilla Glue......stuck my number plate back on when it was doing the same on an old car

B6Andy101
25-07-2008, 08:47 PM
I'l be asking for plates to be stuck on. Looks much neater than screws and a backing plate with a dealer advert on.

Satch
25-07-2008, 10:02 PM
Mine is stuck and no problems.

AndyH123
26-07-2008, 10:21 AM
My rear plate fell off, thankfully while parked at work. It was on with two strips to (not very) sticky.

Took it to the dealer, waved the number plate around and they embarassingly took a screwed on plastic surround from a show car and put it on the back of mine.

Said they're supposed to be mounted within the screwed surround, "had no idea" how the car was given to me with it just stuck on.

alexcf
26-07-2008, 05:38 PM
Hmmm, OK... Maybe if I go up North (mine was from Hudders), I'll see if I can get that sorted out. I asked my local dealer, who I have to admit seem to be being complete ***** because my leasing company didn't buy the car through them (Arval were good and offered to buy it through the local dealer). Basically, they seem to not want to know.

Ah well, ****'m I'll find another dealer somewhere else unless it's desperate.

Ta for the suggestions as always guys... Great forum, great community, glad to be a member!