PDA

View Full Version : new tyres.

Ben
23-07-2008, 08:43 PM
just to let you all know, i'm due 2 new front tyres.

so soon? i hear you all question.

well yes:( thats what a twisty road and the thrust of a remap do. i enjoyed every mile.

i'm staying with the same tyres, Bridgestone Potenza 225/45 r17 91w. i found an outlet that would sell me tham at £95 a tyre. so i bought 4 as the rears would be due sooner rather than later.

I rang around the local tyre outlets as listed on a yell.com search. all bridgestone tyres seem to be out of stock on back order for some reason, so the outlet i found said they could get me some for the next day.

Collected them today from Just Tyres.

JohnWithAGolf
16-08-2008, 08:47 PM
You did quit well to find them, Bridgestone's availability is notoriously poor due the range of tyres they make. Make sure you store the two spare tyres safely so they don't get damp or warp.

paulthefox
18-08-2008, 11:15 PM
what is the procedure for storing spare rims and tyres didnt know there was one always been told just to let the pressure out:confused:

paul

softsorter
19-08-2008, 12:34 AM
i would store them on rims with air in as if they are flat and over a period the casings could suffer distortion, also important is to store them out of direct sunlight as ultra violet light from the sun causes rubber to crack/perrish and remember tyres have shelf life of 5 years where by they are not supposed to be sold. (20 yrs ATS/Michelin) signs of long storage is narrow beads and carbon black coming off on your hands

JohnWithAGolf
22-08-2008, 06:36 PM
Ideally off the rims if poss, they'll be fine in your garage / shed.