PDA

View Full Version : Phone prep low

2.7 S-line
23-07-2008, 04:39 PM
i'm interested to know how this has been working for other folks

i've been using an a4 b8 at the moment with phone prep low - on the whole i've been quite impressed

However now and again my phone locks up while connected to the car (by bluetooth - haven't got a cradle) - usually while trying to make a call , only way to get it to respond is to take the battery out and re-insert

my phone is a K800i which is on audi's list as a supported phone

anyone else had problems ?

tanderson
23-07-2008, 05:28 PM
Hi

I have same phone, same phone prep (except with cradle). Only problem I have found is that if I get out of the car with the phone, and back in again after only a few mins the phone and car sulk and won't talk to each other other. To fix it I have to turn phone off and on again.

Otherwise no problems

allya
23-07-2008, 08:41 PM
Hi, I have a 6300 Nokia with Phone Prep and a cradle and I have had absolutely no problems. I use my phone with voice dialling 2 hours a day and it works a dream... I cant fault this system - by the time I had left the dealer it had synchronised my phone book etc and hasnt stopped since

a8 tech
23-07-2008, 09:24 PM
check your firmware and download the correct version for the prep low'
I didnt put this list on for fun but for you to bloody read.
http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=42340&highlight=phone+list

a8 tech
23-07-2008, 09:28 PM
i'm interested to know how this has been working for other folks

i've been using an a4 b8 at the moment with phone prep low - on the whole i've been quite impressed

However now and again my phone locks up while connected to the car (by bluetooth - haven't got a cradle) - usually while trying to make a call , only way to get it to respond is to take the battery out and re-insert

my phone is a K800i which is on audi's list as a supported phone

anyone else had problems ?
It may be on the list but fact 1 prep low should be used with cradle and fact 2 the firmware is also listed on the phone list with info on known limitations.Fact three sap is the version you should have ordered and if you bother to read the link there is a solution for prep low pairing by using the sap converter with prep low.

K800i firmware version R1ED00

it a peace of **** if you read the avaliable info but im sure you new that.Regards A8 i take no prisioners with phone questions
if you need the owners hand book i posted that as well.
I let you find that for yourself

2.7 S-line
23-07-2008, 10:02 PM
if you bothered to read my post/sig before laying into me you'd notice ITS NOT MY CAR so why be so rude - i was curious if this was happening to other people i haven't ordered any phone prep on my car - the car i'm using is a loan car from the dealership

a8 tech
23-07-2008, 10:13 PM
Im not being rude just straight to the point.Try the search function before posting,or spend 20 hours plus a week giving out info and help for free plus 40 hours in the dealers dealing with the same question about phones and the influx of bmw drivers to b8 a4 and you too may forget your manners.Regards A8

browellm
24-07-2008, 01:30 PM
I call bull-$hit on your "fact 1". Keep taking your lithium by the way.

a8 tech
24-07-2008, 02:29 PM
you no more than audi do you nob ed

browellm
24-07-2008, 02:51 PM
you no more than audi do you nob ed

Rather consistently, yes. :D

And keep the personal attacks coming - That way I know for sure you're rattled.

a8 tech
24-07-2008, 03:10 PM
My information is correct so im not rattled but confused as to your source of information to the correct operation of prep low.Please give details and so i can forward to audi ag.Why dont you post some information of all the phones that work without fault and without the cradle and explain why the cradle isnt required and for what reason.Be of some use to the forum instead of being a fool.My information is live from the factory so if you dont need my help in future i will stop the info for b8 section.

stewartt997
24-07-2008, 03:20 PM
Now, I'm not going to rattle anyones cage............

Using a Nokia 6310 and it has been a doddle to set-up and use. I would like to query what is meant in A8 Tech's fact 1. I am using low prep without a cradle and only synch using bluetooth. I though the cradle was only for people wanting to charge their phone and use the external aerial?

a8 tech
03-08-2008, 07:32 PM
The cradle protects the phones information as well as bluetooth is inactive when the phone is docked.Look at this http://bluetooth.weblogsinc.com/2004/02/07/bluetooth-hacking-for-fun-and-profit/ Bluetooth has a 10 meter signal.

You can pair and use the full functions of the bt unit with most audi tested phones supporting the correct firmware but undesirables can hack it and use the info for there scams.

two_paracetamol
04-08-2008, 02:18 PM
A8 Tech - Do you have that saved somewhere. I'm sure I've read it before?!?!?!?!?!