PDA

View Full Version : 04 A3 - How do I change the pollen filter?

randall977
23-07-2008, 01:52 PM
I want to change the pollen filter on my A3. I assume like my mk4 Golf it is under the RHS of the windscreen. How do I separate the large plastic cover from the front edge of the windscreen once I have remove the wipers etc? Any tips?

anon78344
23-07-2008, 03:04 PM
Hi Randall,

Just changed mine, it's actually under the glovebox. Under the glovebox you should see some plastc screw-like things. But didn't yours come with instructions? Mine (Mahle I think) had some instructions, but undortunately I threw it away.

randall977
23-07-2008, 03:35 PM
That sounds better than taking the wipers off - I thought it was a bit stupid - but then you have to take the rear lights out to change a bulb!I didn't look for instructions - are they with the filter - couldn't see any in the user manual. Thanks for the tip!

AUDIRON
26-07-2008, 04:10 PM
I want to change the pollen filter on my A3. I assume like my mk4 Golf it is under the RHS of the windscreen. How do I separate the large plastic cover from the front edge of the windscreen once I have remove the wipers etc? Any tips?

Under the front lip of the passenger glovebox there is a thin cover held on with 3 turn screws. Once you've got these off, lower the cover and the pollen filter cover* slides sideways so the filter can be eased downwards and rearwards.

Ar