PDA

View Full Version : Best affordable polish/wax?

Lis
23-07-2008, 01:06 PM
Currently using AutoGlym Super Resin Polish... but running out as it was only a small bottle.

Am wondering whether to get the same again or whether to get something different? :confused:

Any recommendations that are in a similar price range or less?

Crasher
23-07-2008, 01:08 PM
Zymol Carbon and surface treatment

clarkeg
29-07-2008, 10:35 AM
Victoria concours wax is hard to beat for the money. It adds a lovely depth of finish to darker colours. Check out Tim @ cleanyourcar.co.uk he'll sort you out :)

Clarke

DEBBIE.G
29-07-2008, 12:12 PM
Currently using AutoGlym Super Resin Polish... but running out as it was only a small bottle.

Am wondering whether to get the same again or whether to get something different? :confused:

Any recommendations that are in a similar price range or less?

Hello
What car?
Colour?
Year?
AG polish is ok but leaves a lot of dust.Are you hand polishing or by machine?
Have look at the meguires range of polishes.
If you want a long lasting wax try the Collinite range they are very good and reasonable on price.
HTH

Bassbones
04-08-2008, 11:41 AM
I think I've probably used most in my search for holy grail of polishes including the AG,ZYMOL,Meg's,KLASS and so on. I have to say the one I'm using now is my favorite which is DURAGLOSS fantastic range of prodcts not available in stores but over the internet. I get mine from a company via the internet but feel sure they do trial sizes if you're interested let me know and i'll dig out the address.

LsteR
06-08-2008, 03:46 PM
remember polish and waxes are totally different products. a polish is for correction purposes and offers some level of protection and shine where as a wx is purely for protection purposes.

Dangerousmouse
25-08-2008, 09:45 PM
remember polish and waxes are totally different products. a polish is for correction purposes and offers some level of protection and shine where as a wx is purely for protection purposes.

what they said. at the very least you want a wax. that is the one that protects your car.

depends what you mean by affordable really. i was happy spending a shade over £30 on a pot of wax (dodo juice), which to some may seem expensive. although, when you put it into contrast with a pot of zymol royale at around £7000 here (http://www.vertar.com/zymol/) then it is cheap! lol.

AG SRP is a pretty good polish as it doesnt really have any 'cutting' power to it, so you arent taking the paint levels down when you use it, and it has fillers whils will fill the light scratches and swirls on the car, making them less noticable. although, this isnt a lifetime result. after a couple of months and a few washes they will begin to appear again.

collonite 476 wax is also very good, at around £20, or megs stage 3 carnauba wax is about a tenner.

Col
25-08-2008, 09:59 PM
Another thumbs up for the Collinite 476 here.

It will outlast everything else and brings door rubbers up like new as well (found that out by accident btw but now routinely wax them with it.)

gixxerk4600
29-08-2008, 01:55 PM
ive recently got myself some meguiars Hi Tech Paste Wax and you get alot for your money it is lasting a long time, get a foam applicator with it, and gives a lovely shine with good protection and the protection on car is lasting a long time too! water is still beading off after about 5 weeks

Afection2Detail
01-09-2008, 11:54 AM
Hi, you'll be after Bilthamber Autobalm then as a stand alone wax product it has better filling properties than SRP so will mask defects if you don't wish to remove them.