PDA

View Full Version : Please Help 94 passat cl wiper problem

theshuffler44
20-07-2008, 07:50 PM
I have just bought a 94 passat cl , unfortunatley only after picking it up i noticed the wipers only work on high speed, i imagine the fault would be caused by the relay connected to the wiper arm ? two questions.. 1 does anyone know if that is the problem? 2 Are they a difficult thing to replace. I can usually find my way around caes but this is the first volkswagon i have ever owned.

molgrips
11-09-2008, 11:33 AM
Sorry mate, haven't had to rewire the wipers but sounds like you have a faulty switch maybe.

On my car the wipers made a horrific mechanical grinding noise in use. Test drove the car in the dry, so never had to find out :)

theshuffler44
11-09-2008, 02:44 PM
Hi all i managed to find out the problem , i used a meter to test the power going to the motor and i was getting a pulse on each wiper setting a bit of investigating revealed the bushes/ brushes were worn on the wiper motor , i just stretched the springs a bit and they worked. I dont know how long this fix will last but at least they work at the minute. ;)

HorseOffaGypsy
04-03-2009, 11:00 PM
Hi Shuffler,

Just got the same problem with my 94 GL - the wipers will work on max but either don't move or move very slow on an occasional basis on slow!! Could you replace the brushes without taking the motor out? (Also I notice its temperature dependent - when the car warms up the wipers will work - from cold [esp when freezing] they'll occasionally blow a fuse!)

Cheers,

HoG

theshuffler44
12-03-2009, 11:16 PM
Sorry for the delay but you have to remove the motor as the replacement of bushes would be too fiddly if not impossible , disconnect the wiper arm and undo 3 bolts beneath the motor , remove both screws on the motor cylinder and ease off remember there will be some drag from the magnet