PDA

View Full Version : Question A3 1.6 - Misfire on startup..

christinho
20-07-2008, 03:07 PM
Hi,

Quite few problems have started to arise with the car recently, the most prominant being a misfire on startup, and slight lack of power when accelerating sometimes...

I have recently changed the spark plugs which makes me wonder whether it may be one of the ignition leads, but i'd like to know any other possible causes before I go faffing around with them...

Cheers....

beachy
20-07-2008, 07:36 PM
Yeah I would definitely change the HT leads as that may well be the cause of the problem. There are a couple of other things which may also be the route of the problem:

Incorrectly gapped spark plugs
A blockage in the fuel injection system
Vacuum Leak on the throttle body

Does the car only misfire on start up or even when driving?

christinho
22-07-2008, 07:29 PM
Cheers for the reply...

The car only misfires on startup usually; even then, it doesn't do it every time. It doesn't misfire as such when driving, it just seems to lack power for a few seconds sometimes, and then it's ok....

It didn't do it when I initially changed the spark plugs so I wouldn't of thought they're to blame, but I will take a look into the other two if the leads don't do the trick....

pauldonjuan
22-07-2008, 10:01 PM
is yours about yr 2000 and you had to remove the inlet manifold o change the plugs ? if so you probably disconnected thr throttle body! if so, then it needs realigning. Maybe im wrong but its a thought.