PDA

View Full Version : Sat Nav issues

pgrfowler
19-07-2008, 12:03 PM
I hired a new A4 Avant recently whilst on holiday in SW England. My old Navman has a 7 digit post code finder so I was disappointed that the Sat Nav in the A4 recognised only 5 digits and we then had to search for a street name or special interest location to find our destination. This wouldn't have been an issue had all the likely locations been in the database but we found lots of streets, National Trust properties etc that weren't included. For example, we wanted to go to the Market Place in Stroud and it directed us to Market Place, Minchenhampton in the next town. It didn't help that we didn't have any instructions so it took us a few days to get used to the Audi Sat Nav. It is possible to get/buy updates for the database?

parsen66
19-07-2008, 04:00 PM
I'd like to know the answer to that one too!

teesah
10-08-2008, 09:49 PM
It is possible to buy a new CD/DVD for Audi sat nav. I get them from Blue Spot Car Audio http://www.bluespot.co.uk/.

2.7 S-line
11-08-2008, 09:34 AM
that site only has discs for older Audi sat nav systems

the dvd supplied with the B8 is the newest map available - as far as i am aware there is no way of adding points of interest (would be great if you could - speed camera sites , up to date petrol station locations - cash points - i've added loads to my tom tom sat nav)

i found the audi sat nav really doesn't compete in terms of usability with tom tom or similar - i wanted to get rid of the clutter though... getting fed up with wires and taking the windscreen mounted unit on and off the whole time