PDA

View Full Version : Question How to fit a cambelt 2.0l Diesel

neilsgotaskoda
18-07-2008, 05:47 PM
Can anyone recomend a manual or give advice on how to change a cam belt on an Skoda Octavia Elegence 2.0l 140BHP Diesel. I have done many belts in the past but never on this engine.

I see that some people recomend fitting a new water pump and tensioner at the same time. My car has done 80k is that necessary ?

Thanks

veedubbora07tdi
01-08-2008, 09:15 PM
Give it to a dealer mate, too much hassle. you need tensioners, pulleys etc

greg123
05-08-2008, 02:12 PM
I would advise the full kit and pump, yes. But it's your money, it may be fine for many miles. Or one may go, taking out your cambelt and engine.

You need the 2.0 setting kit with crank locking tool and the pins for the cams. The rest is similar to PD/tdi. You need to strip out the engine mounting.

There is a touch more room in there than on the earlier golf iv platforms, marginally I prefer doing 2.0 cambelts.

Don't forget the new G12 coolant and do use a little grease on the WP bolt threads, they are a Mfine thread and do go bad. Saying that, I always degrease, clean and grease any bolt I touch.

Greg.

Can anyone recomend a manual or give advice on how to change a cam belt on an Skoda Octavia Elegence 2.0l 140BHP Diesel. I have done many belts in the past but never on this engine.

I see that some people recomend fitting a new water pump and tensioner at the same time. My car has done 80k is that necessary ?

Thanks