PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Catalytic Converter

charley
18-07-2008, 12:59 PM
Hi all,

My names charley an am in need of somer desperate help!
Since i purchased my Audi A2 1.6 FSI SPORT, THE ENGINE MAINTENANCE light has been on. i recently took it to a garage and they've done a diagnostic check and said i need to get a CATALYTIC CONVERTER.

Due to my car illiteracy and no man in my life to help me i've turnt to any member on this site that can advise me where i can get one and preferably at a resonable cost.

please, any help would be very much appreciated.

Charley :o

Crasher
18-07-2008, 01:03 PM
Did they give you any fault code info and where are you?

charley
18-07-2008, 03:06 PM
yes, i have the fault code on the diagnostic print out that they gave me ( at home though, im at work), i live and play Surrey London.

Crasher
18-07-2008, 05:37 PM
Post the report later before you go out to play.

charley
30-07-2008, 12:21 PM
Sorry its been a while crasher, hope ur still interested in my fault codes, which are as follows:

00710 041
defroster flap positioning motor - v107
locked or has no power supply sporadic

00716 041
air recirculation flap control motor - v113
locked or has no power supply sporadic

x

Crasher
30-07-2008, 12:55 PM
Those are codes for the heater/air con unit and nothing to do with the engine or catalyst.

charley
30-07-2008, 03:10 PM
the print out i received was from audi themseleves when i took it in for an extortionate £546 + vat service. when the got the car back from them the engine light was off for a day or two then came back on, so i took it to my brothers friends garage where they drove it............he said the rattling noise was broken bits in the cat, so i would need to get another one. when i showed him the diagnosis log he said the same thing, that its nothing to do with the cat, although because he's tried everything else it must be that.
he said i can only get a cat from the dealers which is expensive, £500 upwards. i do hear rattling in the exhust so it should be that.!!! im so confused.:confused::confused::confused:

Crasher
30-07-2008, 03:54 PM
Your engine will be a BAD code (somehow appropriate) and the cat will be 8Z0 253 024 X if it is the second cat that has failed as unfortunately it has two, a starter and a main. The main cat is £379.54 (correct about two months ago) and on top of that some gaskets and fasteners are required. I can’t see that anyone else lists this cat as the car isn’t that common.