PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a clunky seat?

AndyH123
18-07-2008, 09:21 AM
I've got sport seats with the electric lumbar thingy. Every so often, usually when pulling away, I can feel and hear a 'clunk' somewhere behind the middle of my back.

It's like something is clicking into place. It's mildly irritiating, frankly the only thing I can find to complain about in the car. Should probably pop it into the garage, but am thinking it might be a whole load of faff.

Anyone else experiencing this, or got any other ideas about what it might be?

RichardCranium
18-07-2008, 11:51 AM
Yep. Got that too!! At first I thought it was something rolling around in the rear footwell, but on inspection there was nowt there. Its difficult to pin point but it sounds like its coming from the left hand rear side of the seat.

AndyH123
18-07-2008, 11:56 AM
Ahh, nothing like the power of forums - I am not alone!

Can't say I've analysed left / right / centre-ness. Have you got the same seats as me?

I'm popping into Mr Audi tomorrow to pick up a USB cable, so I'll perhaps mention it then to see if they've come across this.

pauldoherty
18-07-2008, 12:03 PM
Hi, I have the standard seats and I too noticed this annoying issue. I found that it was linked to the lateral adjustment and that, if you pulled the adjustment handle up at the front of the seat and let it 'flick' back into position then the latch seems to locate more securely. Not sure if yours id the same issue but it workd for me.

I am more annoyed by the creaking armrest. I have had a look at it and it seems to be the rear console that is making the noise when I put any sort of pressure on the armrest. Is anyone esle having this issue - or has anyone figured ourt how you can tighten the rear console?

RichardCranium
18-07-2008, 01:45 PM
Ahh, nothing like the power of forums - I am not alone!

Can't say I've analysed left / right / centre-ness. Have you got the same seats as me?

Sports seats with Empore cloth

AndyH123
18-07-2008, 01:50 PM
OK, I'm leather so I guess it definately isn't down to a specific seat type.

RichardCranium
18-07-2008, 01:53 PM
OK, I'm leather so I guess it definately isn't down to a specific seat type.

I guess the guts of the seat are the same unless you have electric, only the upholstery being the difference.