PDA

View Full Version : Bought A4 B8 2.0TDI in Croatia

DobarDabar
18-07-2008, 01:01 AM
Hi guys,

I just want to inform you about dealer here in Croatia and options they give here.

I got my precious :) in Jun and "his" week of production is the same week I was born in (May) :). I ordered in March.

So, there is no "SE" edition here, default 2.0 TDI has everything that SE edition has but with 16 inch alloy wheels 225/50 tyres which I would recommend to everyone because you get much more comfortable drive and you don't have to drive like on "eggs", plus try to avoid sport suspension (I tried it) because you'll have more noise in cabin, more uncomfortable ride and shorter service periods, but that is personal opinion (ask your dealer and try it). I had no problems with ordering of Xenon plus lights with LEDs, we don't have to buy S-line for those here, those lights are fantastic and if you want to make some head turns on the road you have to buy those, I think that those lighs are trade mark for this Audi. I also have concert Audi system which works with Transcend 4GB sd cards (thanks to guys from this forum). All displays are in color, Audi hold assist, aluminium border on windows with glossy B column, center hand rest (that is additional equipment here), light and rain sensor, spare wheel with smaller dimensions, rear parking sensors (factory made), trip computer and leather sport steering wheel. Color is brilliant red which is original (default) A4 B8 color, interior is black.
If you want I can post some images. I hope that this information will help some of you to choose right equipment.

I'm very satisfied with car quality, comfort, cabin is quiet (which I adore), it handles very well (first A4 without big overhang finally). Only thing that I thought will be better is consumption, I know that you measure by mpg but my computer says 8.5 liters in town and about 6.2 liters per 100km on open road (I tried to keep consumption down). I think that my old truck (Mazda 6 CD136 TE) had lower consumption.

Also there are those little things that put smile on my face, because engine is put longitudinal, car rotates a little around longitudinal axis when you increase rpm (you can feel that when youre idling), which also helps in cornering.

Best regards, Dobar.

mkc
18-07-2008, 09:01 AM
Welcome to the forum. It would be great to see some pics. It is an odd marketing ploy by Audi to only allow S Lines to have LED running lights over here. Im sure plenty of people with a SE in the UK would like the Xenon lights without having to pay £2.5K for the S Line upgrade