PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Driver side main beam dead...

Solari
17-07-2008, 10:25 PM
Hi all,

I was told by the dealership when my car came out that the driver side main beam bulb had blown but I told them not to replace it as I'd look myself (as it was an Osram Nightreaker one).

I swapped the bulb out (the old one doesn't look blown) and it seems that there is some sort of electrical fault. If I unplug the connection cluster, the Full beam light indicator comes on the dash, but if it's connected and the new bulb is in place, it doesn't come on, and the bulb doesn't illuminate.

This problem has only occurred in the past week or two, does anyone have any idea what it could be?

I assume the two main beams are on the same fuse? What would I be looking at to diagnose/fix the problem? :(

At least it's not a dip and I can get away with it for now, but I'm off to the lake district and 2 mains would have been nice for night driving.. bleh!

Cheers!

lcooney
17-07-2008, 10:47 PM
According to Haynes manual left and right high beam have seperate fuses ...
F18 10A RH high beam
F19 10A LH high beam

This may explain it!

Solari
18-07-2008, 10:16 AM
F18 10A RH high beam
F19 10A LH high beam

This may explain it!

Aha! I'll take a look - I was told by a friend that they were both on the same fuse so thought he knew what he was on about :p Thanks!

Solari
18-07-2008, 11:19 AM
F18 10A RH high beam
F19 10A LH high beam

This may explain it!

You, sir, are a star! The fuse for the Driver side main beam was missing??? That must have happened when the car was in for work. I just took the assumption that nothing would have changed on the fuseboard :( Gits!