PDA

View Full Version : Mk3 golf stero removal HELP!

jaseb
17-07-2008, 12:54 PM
Hello!

I need some help! I have a 94 Golf S.E and I am trying to remove the stereo. But I can not find how its held in place. Its a sony tape with removable face and I have the keys but I can not see where they go into. I have never had trouble removing stereos before but this bstard has got me :aargh4:. Think I am gettin to old!:1zhelp:

Jase

jaseb
20-07-2008, 11:32 AM
Still no luck, can no one help. I have removed the plastic surround and can not see anywhere to clip the keys into like it says in the haynes manual! Been to Halfords and they don't have a clue (funny that!)
I was thinking about taking out all the screws and removing the front but I have read somewhere else that its alarmed, anyone hear of that?

Any help would be great I really can not work out this simple task!:o

Eclipse car Audio
21-07-2008, 01:40 PM
If its the unit i'm thinking of there should be two very small slots at either end of the front of the unit (when the faceplate has been removed) there not easy to see but they are there

jaseb
22-07-2008, 08:24 AM
Thanks for the tip but on Sunday I removed it! :beerchug: With a knife!:DWhat use are these stereo removal tools? First time I have ever brought one and still removed it with something from the kitchen! Last time was spoons!

The clips are on top of the stereo not to the side.

Now I am happy!:p

slimeon
17-10-2010, 04:23 PM
Hi there,

I have a Golf Mk3 Cabriolet 1998 (R)....it has the factory Stereo Cassette Player but we have got a new Sony head unit to replace it.....I just cannot find the write removal key any where....problem I have is that I don't know the Sony item number and the Haynes Manual diagram isn't particularly accurate.....does anyone know where I can get one, and where to slide them....any useful tips for getting the head unit out?

Cheers!