PDA

View Full Version : Main dealer????

strikey
17-07-2008, 08:20 AM
I recently took my car to a main audi dealer with a problem of cutting out and wouldnt restart.
They dont seem to know what caused it so they just seem to keep relacing parts untill it cures it but are charging me for the parts they replaced that didnt solve the problem and the original parts were probably fine!!
Can they do this it just seems they are making loads of money by replacing perfectly good parts.

Audioslave
17-07-2008, 09:13 PM
Write a letter to the owner of the dealership.....they usually own 2 or 3 of them at a time and explain that you are not happy. Also the fact that I presume the old parts have been disposed of by the dealer at the garage and cannot be tested by any independant mechanic?

Note for the future, keep all of the original parts for yourself;)

Then tell them that you have contacted the citizens advice beareau and local trading standards office in writing to ask for their help and guidance whilst you talk to the dealership owner.

I know what will probably happen, which always does with the hard nose dealers, is that they will stand firm and probably refuse to service your car any further.........no main biggie there as you think that they are ripping you off anyway. But you might get somewhere from where you are at the moment.

The other bit of advice is find the best independant garage in town and get them to take a look at the car and give you some sound advice.........some independants (especially if they have been Audi trained ;)) are far better than the dealerships......and more honest. Its the age old issue, finding a mechanic that you trust :D