PDA

View Full Version : Does Colour Matter?

Cyclone
16-01-2007, 10:02 PM
Hi All,

Thinking of buying an A4 Cabriolet 3.0, but am undecided over which colour to go for.

Most Cabs are either Silver, Black, Moro Blue and Carribean Blue, but I have also seen them in Amulet Red, Gold, Dolphin Grey and dark Green. What do you think? Does colour matter, especially from a resale point of view?

Are there any colours to avoid?

Personally I like silver, Black or amulet red.

RickT
16-01-2007, 10:06 PM
Greem and gold are the harder ones to get rid of...

I also think the black looks good... or the red when polished to a nice shine!!

RicKT

MalcQV
16-01-2007, 10:52 PM
Can't go wrong with either black silver or red.

With a brand new car it can make a difference. You pay the same for an "unusual colour" as you do for a normal colour, like for like metallic/solid.

The resale can therefore be affected. If you buy 2nd hand then you pay less for the unusual colour so there is no net loss.

I buy the car because I like it ;)

Dave Avant
17-01-2007, 05:49 PM
Dark metallics seem to sell larger cars well or silver, but some say they won't get a silver one because its too common.

I really like red, but never took the plunge on my last few cars opting for a grey and black. My first car was red. Reds need to be kept clean otherwise they can look drab.

patrick
21-01-2007, 03:22 AM
My personal favorite has always been that Dolphin Gray. Easy to take care of too. I like the Amulet Red (the color I have), but the interior color was my biggest pet peeve. I ABSOLUTELY needed a 3.0 with EBONY leather. Color was secondary..originally looking for black.

I sold a Moro blue Cab to a cat and it was really nice too. I think the Carribean was girly. My wifes B7 is silver, and we never have to wash it.

Skip the green and beige. I agree...Hard to sell!

If I were you I would try to get one with the gray leather...being it would be a Cabriolet. Top down black is hotter! The beige leather is hideous. I would personally do the black leather though...I like the look better. I'd put up with the heat! You spend 99% of the time with your car inside it, so get the interior right first.

Patrick
www.AudiA4Mods.com (http://www.audia4mods.com)

AudiSport
21-01-2007, 10:41 AM
Black, silver, metalic grey, dark blue and the Audi red all look cracking colours. However the fact of the mater is the more risky colour you go for the more limited your target market will be when you come to sell the car. And as with everything in this world, the greater market you can apeal to - the greater chance you have of getting top money for your car when you come to sell it.

Personally I love the way White is making a real come back! I saw a Range Rover SPORT in white the other week and it looked great. I've also seen a couple of new Golf GTi's and my local Audi dealer has an A3 S-line in white which looks out of this world. So if I wasn't worried about re-sale, that would be my colour choice.. However the reality is - as with the 'cool' gold colour which made an impact about 6-years ago, it will soon look very dated.

Shame we all have to concider the re-sale so much!

I've never owned a new car before - but when that day comes I shall be ordering dark metalic grey with tan or black leather. Looks good on any car!

hoops1961
21-01-2007, 11:42 AM
Remember dealer advising me that the bigger the car, the plainer the colour should be for 'executive' cars so chose grey for my A4 saloon. Said that smaller cars (e.g. sport cars) would take brighter colours (eg Audi TT). Seems to make sense to me, but think it is also personal choice.

Cyclone
21-01-2007, 11:53 AM
Hi,

Thanks for all of the replies. I eventually went for an A4 Cabriolet 3.0 Quattro Sport in Amulet Red and Black leather interior (with the black dash inlay), personally I think it is a fantastic colour combination. I am not usually a fan of red on cars but with Amulet red being a "deeper" shade of red it suits very well.

I also looked at a couple of silver examples both with black leather and these also looked superb, I would have liked to have looked at one in black but unfortunately I couldn't find one for sale. The only other colour would have been the "darker silver" - Dolphin Grey as this also suits the Cab well, but again there were not any for sale at this time. I am happy that I chose Amulet as it looks as good as silver but is not quite as "common" on the roads.

Jules.

patrick
21-01-2007, 09:36 PM
Cool...the Amulet Red is nice. It surprised me too when I was looking for black. Matched up with the black leather it is awesome isn't it?

Enjoy the new ride!

Patrick
www.AudiA4Mods.com (http://www.audia4mods.com)

Marc97
22-01-2007, 04:16 AM
Common or not, you can't go wrong with Silver or Black.