PDA

View Full Version : Tom Tom help, please ?

Col
16-07-2008, 10:56 PM
Had a PDA satnav for a few years, it broke so yesterday I got a Tom Tom One with Euro maps plus the TMC gadget.

Well chuffed, nice piece of kit.

However.....

Logging on to update the damned thing is driving me mad. I seem to be going round in circles and keep getting this message;

Blah blah Te server didn't understand the request (What simply logging on). Blah blah, you Home software may be out of date (No I've just downloaded from the site so how can it be!!)

Now i've regitered, had the e-mail clicked the link through the e-mail to activate he account. I've been through the porcess over and over again and have come to the conclusion that the software is rubbish !!

Does anyone know if there / are any quirks with the software?
It is a older outgoing 3rd Edition machine if that helps.

Also as I'm wireless here I've configured it to auto detect the proxy settings.

It seems to connect but simly won't let me log in and keep getting that stupid error.

As usual the online help / faq's seems to have everything except MY problem.

Someone help ?

paulch
20-07-2008, 12:53 PM
I know I'm no help but I've had exactly the same problem, so your not alone. I gave it up as a bad job. I'll wait till the next version comes out !

Col
20-07-2008, 02:02 PM
That makes me feel a bit better.

I did manage to get it going, somehow. Don't ask me how as I did everything the same as I did the ump'teenth time before !

If you do get it going, download the 'silent voice' for the satnav, it obviously makes no noise on the directions of things but importantly keeps the POI noise going which is all important with regard to the speed camera warnings.