PDA

View Full Version : A3 TDI SE 130 2002 Intercooler pipe

Audioslave
15-07-2008, 06:58 PM
Hi All :1zhelp:

First time on the forum to ask the "experienced" a serious question if I may?

I have been told that I cannot get a replacement Intercooler top pipe for my TDI SE 130 (52) and that I will need to fork out for a whole new intercooler?

The pipe has worked loose at the "metal" rimmed end as 2 of the metal "gromits"? gripper things seem to have worn. The cir-clip is in place, and have removed it, pushed the pipe back in.....tried the throttle and it just pops out again. Causing my car to sound like a wheezy asthmatic.

Sounds like I have a dump valve fitted which doesnt stop......

Anyone else had this issue? Anyone know if I have been told porkies and can point me in the right direction please?

I dont really want to go to Audi..........I have 2 kids and a mortgage to feed lol:beerchug: :flowers1:

thanks all.....:D

SEMKY
15-07-2008, 11:56 PM
What engine code are you on mate.....will have a look on etos/etka for you....cant believe that you need a new intercooler.

Audioslave
16-07-2008, 07:59 AM
Hi SEMKY

Thanks for the offer of help buddy, much appreciated from a close neighbour too :D

Engy code ASZ

SEMKY
16-07-2008, 10:18 AM
Hello Mate,

I have managed to find the diagram of your charge air system, with all the part numbers but can't upload it on to here....do you have a private email address that I could send it to? If you want to do it that way send me a private message.

Where are you by the way?:beerchug:

Audioslave
16-07-2008, 04:04 PM
Hello Mate,

I have managed to find the diagram of your charge air system, with all the part numbers but can't upload it on to here....do you have a private email address that I could send it to? If you want to do it that way send me a private message.

Where are you by the way?:beerchug:

I live in Lowton mate just outside Warrington on the way to Wigan.....it's barely Cheshire lol but sounds great on the CV lol ;)

PM sent with my email addy and thanks for the help, very much appreciated.

I did some digging today and it seems its an "Audi only" spare and has to be ordered for around £34 inc VAT if it is the right part number that the grunt at manchester Audi was looking at on the fiche.... but the diagram will certainly help me out big time.

Thanks for taking the time.

:approve:

Audioslave
16-07-2008, 04:06 PM
hi bud

seems i cant send PM's till my message count is over 5 lol.....

I'll edit the post once u got the email addy.

thanks

SEMKY
16-07-2008, 07:01 PM
Ok Mate, got it, will send the pics over later when I get to my own computer! Cheers

Audioslave
16-07-2008, 07:15 PM
tyvm